Notices

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by badboyuk View Post
why not just tap on the loud speaker an slide the keyboard out an use it?! simple.
Ya you are right but it comes handy after that - now you want to disable speaker : Just slide the keyboard in. Now if you say "Then just open dashboard, open Phone UI and tap speaker off button" then it's up to you. Moreover, in my case I always open most windows in fullscreen which adds up one more step of exiting the fullscreen mode.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Great and usefull idea/program. I will wait until it gets to a better state to install it.

Thanks!

The proximity bit will be very useful - except when having one of those 'one way conversations' with wife/mother/GF etc. where you tend to get a bit exhausted 5 mins into your half duplex ear-bashing and start holding the phone at arms length for a bit of respite. Suggest disabling based on inbound CLI for nominated 'significant others' to spare the wider public being exposed to the rant/lecture/stream of consciousness ;-)

@badBoyUK - why? because automation is good. It's much more convenient not to have to say to the caller "hold on a minute while I put you on speaker .." (+ 2 second delay while you then actually do it). I seem to have to do this very regularly these days, now that I have such a capable "phone" that I can use it productively whilst on a call :-)

wonderful! so cool for voice mail...
Some feedback:
1) I don't know how you do it but it seems you don't "trigger" the speaker and therefore the speaker button is not highlighted. Could you do it and notify the telephone app to switch the button "on".
2) I could only get it working once...

But great anyway!!!

Originally Posted by atz6975 View Post
wonderful! so cool for voice mail...
Some feedback:
1) I don't know how you do it but it seems you don't "trigger" the speaker and therefore the speaker button is not highlighted. Could you do it and notify the telephone app to switch the button "on".
2) I could only get it working once...

But great anyway!!!
Thanks for the feedback. So what after that. Is it not working? About, updating the Phone UI, I'm not sure but if anyone have any idea on this please let me know coz only from the help of this community I'm this far (ya though I'm not that far yet )

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ USA
This is awesome! Great app thanks for putting this together..
will come in hand indeed.

Side note: one can install directly from File Manger just click on the .deb

The Following User Says Thank You to humble For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Israel
What would be cool is to have the speakers on by default, and having them turn off when the proximity sensor goes on, so when you're holding the phone to your ear they're off, and when you're holding it in front of you the speakers go on...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to late666 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by late666 View Post
What would be cool is to have the speakers on by default, and having them turn off when the proximity sensor goes on, so when you're holding the phone to your ear they're off, and when you're holding it in front of you the speakers go on...
Bad idea IMO - I can think of many occasions I have to put away the phone and still not wanting the speaker to be turned automatically on.

As for a general idea, I think this application is a very good idea, and maybe the speaker on/off can be mapped to a physical key - say, pressing and holding the camera key for 2 or 3 seconds will turn the speaker on or off, according to its current condition...?
Or even a quick screen gesture?

actually if I insist the 2 time it works again.

Originally Posted by atz6975 View Post
actually if I insist the 2 time it works again.
Thanks. I have just uploaded the 0.1-2 version which will fix this and others. See my first post under UPDATES for more details and it is more usable.