Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong, but AFAIK only CA, FL and MA have sales tax?
No, that's not correct

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
Someone should post another email to Elop to see if the 92k rumor is true. If they are going to sell as many N9s as they can then I don't mind waiting a few weeks to pay a reasonable price.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
who is selling them in Mexico? telcel? i wonder if they will be branded in mexcio?
Nokia Mexico. Telcel will brand it/sim lock it more than likely. So I'd rather not deal with that foolishness.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Apparently the demand in Mexico is picking up. So with it, the price might even go up and now my connect is unsure of even being able to get one for me, let alone multiples. Damn it.

I've gotta let this one play out guys.
Story of my life...

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
Hi there people

My name is David Castro and I accidently stumbled upon this thread while looking for N9 Mexico's release date. I'm a big Nokia fan and Imand craving the N9 so bad, something I haven't done with any of their previous phones.

I'm from mexico, and looking forward of it's release, I feel somewhat lucky to have Nokia release it here, but at same time feel pity for those who will have to import it from another source, something we mexicans are used to (from the USA mostly).

I would want to offer my help to the community members on getting the Nokia N9. Before people start accusing of a potential thief or something I would like to introduce myself.

Im 24, med student living in the city of Tampico, Mexico, this city is about 6 hours by car from the mexican capital city Mexico City, this is where I will get the phones from, for sure. Years ago I won a small prize at Montecarlo in the Nokia Developer Summit 09, great year, btw . I am a big Nokia enthusiast and have myself a blog at www.gadgetized.net I don't write very often because I have shifts at the hospital and a like, but when I do I write good reviews.

You can add me at facebook (if you use it) at facebook.com/dcastrog

or dcastrog@gmail.com

or @dcastrog

So, if you trust me enough to send your hard earned money, then you can continue reading, if not, then stop here.

Im planning to buy lots of N9 from Nokia mexico, already contacted a friend living in barbados / London to ship more less 10 phones. We are still at idle because Nokia Mexico still has not realeased it to the public, but we are expecting it to be this or next week. Some rumours say that until november, not sure. We don't know yet if it will be sold exclusevely by carrier contract or free, but anyways, Im sure Telcel will stock them.

The price has not been reveleaed yet, but I say USD $650 or 700 for the 16GB version and $800-$850 for the 64GB. Most of time dollar prices are a bit lower here because of the conversion peso/dollar, and mexican prices. If they sold the N9 to the real price converted from dollars no one would buy it. So they kind of adjust them a bit lower. You would say that is a great thing for a mexican, but no. Americans have 10x higher pay rate that mexicans.

So, my plan is this: I will buy N9 for the community here and send them abroad if you pay for the shipping and taxes (will mark as gift, might help, and lower price). Why would I do this? Well, because I will take only $15 from every order and with this I will raise money to get my own N9 So this way we all win, I guess.

Looking at www.nokia.com.mx/n9 learned that they will only sell the Black and the pink, and rumours say that the 64GB version will only come in black, so take it in consideration.

You can contact me if interested at the email address stated above

dcastrog@gmail.com
facebook.com/dcastrog
@dcastrog on twitter.

and if you still not trust me on these, I can set up an ebay ad and sell it over there. I just want to help some enthusiasts (and help me one too if we ever get something on, I will share my phone number and chat via whatsapp

cheers,
David Castro

Last edited by dcastrog; 2011-10-04 at 22:36. Reason: msitake

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dcastrog For This Useful Post:
update: dont think Telcel will brand it or lock them, they rarely do it with their phones. And if done it can be unbranded by changing Product Code.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Where are qgil
My personal opinion: the N9 has just starting to ship in Denmark and Sweden. Other countries are coming. Beyond that, third parties might get the initiative to sell it in the open market of countries where Nokia is not handling the distribution directly.

I believe this will cover most if not all the spots that you see uncovered now.

International sales is not my field of experience but I can see how this (beautiful) proposal might become really difficult to execute, with small amounts of devices spread in different countries with different regulations, agreements, etc.

This is what the "open channel" caters for.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
dcastrog, I can assure you that the N9 will initially only come in Black and Magenta. The Black will be the only 64gb initially, with Cyan perhaps being sold at a much later date and only in 16gb. But no solid dates can be gleamed as of yet.

Just found that out today, confirmed. Welcome aboard, I'm sure we'll continue to see what options can be made in a bit.

Rumors put things at 2 more weeks for release.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
So you can get an idea of Mexican prices:

N8 was sold by Nokia Mexico at $7,999 pesos last year, that is around $670 USD at that time, and with dollar variation, that would be $592. today.

N9 shouldn't be any different.

Originally Posted by dcastrog View Post
So you can get an idea of Mexican prices:

N8 was sold by Nokia Mexico at $7,999 pesos last year, that is around $670 USD at that time, and with dollar variation, that would be $592. today.

N9 shouldn't be any different.
Yeah, for the most part... that's the only price I've been given. 8000 Pesos for the 16gb version. It's the 64gb version nobody has given me a price, date, availability or... much of anything.

The 16gb version is already there in small quantities - training perhaps?

Tags
depression, nokia n9, purchase, the elop flop