^^^ ill adapt, i will miss microb but its not the end of the world, but thats just me

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
How would people that own Pureview respond to this review:

"The Nokia 808 PureView comes with a WebKit browser with support for multiple windows. That's about where the positives end. The browser is very slow compared to modern browsers on iOS, Android, Windows Phone, or even BlackBerry, and scrolling and zooming are nothing but frustrating and slow. I also had the browser crash on numerous occasions while trying to load a website that other browsers have no trouble with. The 808's low-resolution display does not help matters at all, as it is nearly impossible to read any text on a web site without zooming in significantly. The browser would have offered a passable experience in 2005, but here in 2012, it is just a waste of time. "
People that use Symbian know that the default browser is programmed like crap. They will be using the smooth Opera. Nothing demotivating in that review.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Here is the rest:

The Nokia 808 PureView is a phone that excites and disappoints all at the same time. Its lackluster hardware, dated and clunky operating system, and lack of available apps make it difficult for anyone but the most die-hard Symbian fans to make it a daily driver. The $700 price tag and lack of support for 4G networks doesn't help there either. But, my oh my is that camera something to behold. To say that it is a breakthrough in imaging technology can only be considered an understatement. Nokia has promised that it will bring the PureView to its Lumia line of Windows Phone smartphones in the future. Unfortunately, the company hasn't said exactly when that will happen. Rest assured, however, once the PureView camera is available on a more modern smartphone, I'll be lined up to buy one. You can order the Nokia 808 PureView from Amazon for $699 now.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Here is the rest:

The Nokia 808 PureView is a phone that excites and disappoints all at the same time. Its lackluster hardware, dated and clunky operating system,
Stopped reading right there. Is he reviewing a 808 for the camera only and a N97 for everything else? Wake up Americans, for once!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I think he is comparing it to what is cutting edge today. Perhaps 808 OS , does feel like N97

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
I think he is comparing it to what is cutting edge today. Perhaps 808 OS , does feel like N97
I owned an N97. It doesn't.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kjmackey For This Useful Post:
May I ask were there any issues with ordering from Singapore -> shipping to USA?

special instructions when ordering, customs etc? How long did it take to get to you?

Also, how do u feel about getting white instead of black?

Originally Posted by kjmackey View Post
I bought my White 808 PureView from SGBEST.COM - Singapore. It cost about $100 less than from Amazon, although Amazon is promising a US Warranty.

The results from the camera are, as expected, stunning. Symbian Belle FP1 is good, although I've seen smoother Android implementations. There are enough apps to meet many of the needs I have.

My N9...remains a beautiful device. Both in its H/W and its S/W. It all comes together in a way that Symbian (or Android) can't touch. When I need to launch the app list on the 808 I think, "oh, a button. How quaint."

Annoyingly I'll probably end up carrying two devices. The 808 as a "camera I always have with me - and one that has an open network connection" and the N9 for everything else.

808 dusted off N97, and does live the expectation from promotional video, unlike N97...

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
May I ask were there any issues with ordering from Singapore -> shipping to USA?

special instructions when ordering, customs etc? How long did it take to get to you?

Also, how do u feel about getting white instead of black?
No special instructions at all. It took 3-4 days in transit. It took over a week because they ran short on stock.

I got white - because I ordered white. I like the contrast of the dark camera module against the white back of the phone. They sell black ones also on the site.

Originally Posted by kjmackey View Post
No special instructions at all. It took 3-4 days in transit. It took over a week because they ran short on stock.

I got white - because I ordered white. I like the contrast of the dark camera module against the white back of the phone. They sell black ones also on the site.
What are your honest opinions on the camera so far (I dont care about the OS)
From looking at photos from flickr
- bright light, sunny day photos are awesome. But other phones (iphone, SGIII) take quite acceptable photos in same conditions too
- wobbly jelly video when panning. nothing you can do
- the difference in quality is only really noticeableat low light/indoors? true
- zoom is awesome to have
- whats the shot to shot timing. ie you want to take continous shots of a toddler for example. 2 to 3 seconds each? NO burst mode?

Thanks!