Notices

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by devildriven View Post
Is it possible in xterm? What would the commands be? Hoping i can get all my podcasts loaded in again without too much pain!
Do you have a backup that contains your home folder?

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
I have a backup file (and many others) that i ran before i sent the phone away for repair. I used it to restore all my apps and contacts etc.

Would that be the right one?
Yes, if it contains a file named "gpodder.conf" - check if it does. If so, copy the files "gpodder.conf" and "database.sqlite" from the backup somewhere onto your computer. We can then go forward to the next step

Ok have copied the files over and extracted them. Nowhere though can i seem to find those 2 files? Have 4 folder Root, 2,3 &4 and backup meta.data file.

Am using Mac os if that could be any hinderance, i do have access to remote desktop running windows though.
Yes, you can temporarily set Finder to show hidden files - there should be a folder ".config" (the dot makes it hidden on Unix-ish systems like Linux or OS X) somewhere in which there then is a folder named "gpodder" and in there you will find those files.

Have looked through 2 older backups now and can see just about everything apart fro those 2 gpodder files i need.

Have just run a new backup (with gpodder installed as it is now) to see if there are any gpodder referenced files in there but still no joy
In that case, I'm afraid but the database cannot be recreated automatically without a database backup. In future gPodder versions, the database will be stored in MyDocs alongside the podcasts, so that problem should happen less often.

You can (in current versions) already use the 'gpodder-backup' utility to backup your database for later restoring.

Tags
media, podcasts