Poll: N900 vs Milestone
Poll Options
N900 vs Milestone

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Portland, Or
Originally Posted by franklinn View Post
I dont find it ugly at all and its far from a POOR phone. Stop being so blindly biased. In more ways ways it looks better than N900 and more feature complete + superior.

The big screen 3.7 vs 3.5, full 4 row keyboard vs 3 row and perversely placed space key, yet the DROID is still thinner and lighter than N900.

Where is the compass in N900, where is the capacitive screen and multitouch, bigger battery where are the basic apps, Sorry Mauku is ok but v basic, BBC iPlayer etc ?.

Nokia has wasted enough time releasing the N900 and with phones like HD2 and now this amazing DRIOD. I fear the N900 will be DOA and fail to deliver on its promise. As for NOKIA > Moto, dont forget that Moto was making mobiles while NOK was making rubber boots.

Sorry but Nokia has been moving at snails pace and has lost the plot completely. Hopefully they wake up by Maemo 6 but that may be too late.

In my nightmares mostly.

While I agree the DROID is a wonderful phone, and it's actually a phone which gives it a slight edge. Personally...I'm a fan of Resistive Screens, Bulky hardware, and devices that aren't handed to teenagers for $200.

I'm willing to bet though the N900 is going to have far superior build quality, and having used every build of android since I first picked up my ADP1 I can say I'm truly tired of the platform, it has plenty off apps sure, I personally feel that until I see 2.0 in action that I'm still going to be unimpressed.

But I'm still unimpressed by Maemo 5, but it's something new I guess, and definitely has much more room to grow, and it's openness will give the platform much more ability to expand without having Cease and Desist letters involved.

P.S. I fail to see how the DynaTAC gives them any edge in the current market.

Last edited by ohwut; 2009-10-19 at 07:14.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ohwut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
its thinner and lighter than an iphone, gotta give credit where its due

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
As for NOKIA > Moto, dont forget that Moto was making mobiles while NOK was making rubber boots.
sshhh don't tell the lotus eaters that

that argument only works one way for them

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I dont find it ugly at all and its far from a POOR phone. Stop being so blindly biased. In more ways ways it looks better than N900 and more feature complete + superior.

The big screen 3.7 vs 3.5, full 4 row keyboard vs 3 row and perversely placed space key, yet the DROID is still thinner and lighter than N900.

Where is the compass in N900, where is the capacitive screen and multitouch, bigger battery where are the basic apps, Sorry Mauku is ok but v basic, BBC iPlayer etc ?.

Nokia has wasted enough time releasing the N900 and with phones like HD2 and now this amazing DRIOD. I fear the N900 will be DOA and fail to deliver on its promise. As for NOKIA > Moto, dont forget that Moto was making mobiles while NOK was making rubber boots.

Sorry but Nokia has been moving at snails pace and has lost the plot completely. Hopefully they wake up by Maemo 6 but that may be too late.

Ok, come on now! Quit cracking crazy jokes like this! I just can't quit laughing!

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia

You can't really compare the Droid to the N900. Droid is Android, N900 is Linux. I for one like so many other people like the resistive screen that the N900, solely based on the fact that capacitive can get on your nerves because of missed touches. It's hard to hit small things on a capacitive screen ( I have a 3GS, and had a 3G and I hate it ) whereas resistive just use your stylus. Every single person who has reviewed the N900 has said they can't believe it's a resistive screen, because it's so responsive.

Your opinion is your opinion, we all have ours, but personally the way this phone is styled imo, looks like every other Motorola and Verizon phone. The keyboard is nice, bigger battery obviously means it's a power hog, haven't really experience Android at all myself. Everyone has a different need for what they want in a phone.

HD2 on the other hand, I absolutely love. All the early reviews and videos that I have seen have stated HTC has basically gutted the WinMo operating system and you can't really tell that it's a WinMo operating system. Huge display, awesome processor, though no word yet on the memory size, some people are saying 8GB, while others are saying 16GB. It's a phone I will definitely purchase early next year as a JD graduate for myself. N900 plus HD2, and I'll be set for quite some time.

I highly doubt this phone is going to be DOA, especially since it's considered to be one of the most anticipated devices of the year. What other phone has a Linux OS in it? Not to mention the hardware is very nice, as well as the 48 GB memory ( when you include the 16GB microSDHC ). You obviously don't like people dissing Android or Motorola, so you attack the N900...opinions are like *******s, everyone has one...but don't go the offensive because people are expressing their opinions about something they don't like but you can't grasp why.

Motorola might have been making phones before Nokia, but Nokia was making smartphones before Motorola even knew what the definition of 'smartphone' meant. I'm sure this is a nice phone and it'll meet the needs of the people that get it, just like the N900 will mine but imo... Nokia > Motorola

-Socrates 469 BC

Last edited by spinnukur; 2009-10-19 at 08:42.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spinnukur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by UCOMM View Post
its thinner and lighter than an iphone, gotta give credit where its due
It's thicker then the 3GS, re-read the review.

"It’s thin. Just slightly thicker than an iPhone 3GS and the thinnest QWERTY-slider we’ve ever seen"

-Socrates 469 BC

Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
You can't really compare the Droid to the N900. Droid is Android, N900 is Linux. I for one like so many other people like the resistive screen that the N900, solely based on the fact that capacitive can get on your nerves because of missed touches. It's hard to hit small things on a capacitive screen ( I have a 3GS, and had a 3G and I hate it ) whereas resistive just use your stylus. Every single person who has reviewed the N900 has said they can't believe it's a resistive screen, because it's so responsive.

Your opinion is your opinion, we all have ours, but personally the way this phone is styled imo, looks like every other Motorola and Verizon phone. The keyboard is nice, bigger battery obviously means it's a power hog, haven't really experience Android at all myself. Everyone has a different need for what they want in a phone.

HD2 on the other hand, I absolutely love. All the early reviews and videos that I have seen have stated HTC has basically gutted the WinMo operating system and you can't really tell that it's a WinMo operating system. Huge display, awesome processor, though no word yet on the memory size, some people are saying 8GB, while others are saying 16GB. It's a phone I will definitely purchase early next year as a JD graduate for myself. N900 plus HD2, and I'll be set for quite some time.

I highly doubt this phone is going to be DOA, especially since it's considered to be one of the most anticipated devices of the year. What other phone has a Linux OS in it? Not to mention the hardware is very nice, as well as the 48 GB memory ( when you include the 1GB microSDHC ). You obviously don't like people dissing Android or Motorola, so you attack the N900...opinions are like *******s, everyone has one...but don't go the offensive because people are expressing their opinions about something they don't like but you can't grasp why.

Motorola might have been making phones before Nokia, but Nokia was making smartphones before Motorola even knew what the definition of 'smartphone' meant. I'm sure this is a nice phone and it'll meet the needs of the people that get it, just like the N900 will mine but imo... Nokia > Motorola

Fair points. I am as much a Nokia fan as any but very frustrated they are letting others set the pace. I mean Moto or worse, HTC should not be more up to date than Nokia. We know that Nokia can do better than the bug infested n97 so should be sincere and tell the emperor it is naked or it will be dethroned to our own anguish.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to franklinn For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
You can't really compare the Droid to the N900. Droid is Android, N900 is Linux.
Technically speaking, Android is Linux.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Technically speaking, Android is Linux.
Well, both maemo and Android are based on linux.
But the % of linux and openness in each vary significantly.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Look at his verbiage. It seems like he was stating that Android was a different beast... when it's based on the Linux kernel.

Tags
comparison, competition, droid, fight, milestone, motorola droid, motorola milestone, n900, nokia n900