Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
I have an (not Realtek, my bad!) Royaltek RBT-2100. It's from 2006, but it's one of the best SiRF III BT receivers that were available then. Providing ~17h usage with a fresh battery.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
I have an (not Realtek, my bad!) Royaltek RBT-2100. It's from 2006, but it's one of the best SiRF III BT receivers that were available then. Providing ~17h usage with a fresh battery.
If it works good..give me link or send me installation file on my mail or whatever

cssu is stable?

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Barbados
Its kinda fun

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by mr.Rizov View Post
So tell me then how to get my GPS working and from where I should update to the new sofware verion?
To get GPS working try open Settings/Certificates and close after installation PR1.3.1

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Recently, Nokia has been in touch with some CSSU devs and the council about a possible software update.

As the version number implies, this is just a simple fix for the DigiNotar issue.

As of version 16.8, the CSSU includes these security fixes, you should not try to update your device (the update will not show up in Application Manager).

The latest Nokia update will also include a fixed security control panel applet, this will be pulled into the CSSU right after it's released publicly so the CSSU can be right back on track.

The update should be out in a couple of days for everyone, again, please do not try to update if you're using the CSSU (using apt-get or similar methods).

Non-CSSU users, you can update. If you ever want to install the CSSU, the installer will work fine on PR1.3.1.
Hi all,

Can someone say me what packages exactly are concerned by the 'PR1.3.1' security update ?

Here is a list of packages I am proposed to upgrade after an 'apt-get upgrade' :

- libmaemosec-certman-applet0
- libmaemosec-certman0
- libmaemosec0
- libqtm-12
- libqtm-12-bearer
- libqtm-12-connectivity
- libqtm-12-contacts
- libqtm-12-declarative
- libqtm-12-feedback
- libqtm-12-gallery
- libqtm-12-location
- libqtm-12-messaging
- libqtm-12-multimedia
- libqtm-12-organizer
- libqtm-12-publishsubscribe
- libqtm-12-sensors
- libqtm-12-serviceframework
- libqtm-12-systeminfo
- libqtm-12-versit
- maemosec-certman-applet
- maemosec-certman-common-ca
- maemosec-certman-tools

A++

Originally Posted by petur View Post
This most probably has nothing to do with the security fix. Use the Google server for AGPS
Had the same problem after security update: no GPS signsl with each ptogtamm like sygic, gps jinny and nokia maps. Now with the google server all works fine. Thank you a lot.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Hi all,

Can someone say me what packages exactly are concerned by the 'PR1.3.1' security update ?

Here is a list of packages I am proposed to upgrade after an 'apt-get upgrade' :

- libmaemosec-certman-applet0
- libmaemosec-certman0
- libmaemosec0
- libqtm-12
- libqtm-12-bearer
- libqtm-12-connectivity
- libqtm-12-contacts
- libqtm-12-declarative
- libqtm-12-feedback
- libqtm-12-gallery
- libqtm-12-location
- libqtm-12-messaging
- libqtm-12-multimedia
- libqtm-12-organizer
- libqtm-12-publishsubscribe
- libqtm-12-sensors
- libqtm-12-serviceframework
- libqtm-12-systeminfo
- libqtm-12-versit
- maemosec-certman-applet
- maemosec-certman-common-ca
- maemosec-certman-tools

A++
If I remember correctly, only the maemosec and libmaemosec packages were upgraded in my case.

since this OTA update i have noticed only one thing different

heavy battery drain when online via gprs/umts/wifi+net

i usually am online 24-7 using 3g data connection. previously battery would last about 2 days, 3 at a push if i was not hammering it. after update its about 24-36 hours tops.

what i also notice is that when data is on and a connection is made, the cpu skyrockets to 100% when using the browser, didnt do this before and not when offline. when idling with a connection the cpu is a lot higher than it was before the update. i cannot figure this out for the life of me and i have disabled various apps but it still seems to do it.

but then there are variations like at night, cpu is non existant usage a given and the battery lasts an epic long time using only 1 bar of battery. but when idling with it in front of me the cpu is about 5-10% and battery bars are dropping off every 2 hours.it makes no sense.

inconsistant battery use and cpu use.

when i get my n9 all sorted i may flash the n900 and rebuild from scratch and see what happens...

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by mr.Rizov View Post
If it works good..give me link or send me installation file on my mail or whatever
don_falcone is talking about a hardware gps receiver.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:

Tags
security