Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Gorilla glass = my a.s.s

I keep it in a pouch, away from keys or anything that could potentially scratch it, and today in the sun, I see scratches. What, are my fingertips that sharp?
I agree - Mine's scratched and also kept away from keys, think it happened when i carelessly put my sunglasses in my my pocket together with the phone - only did it once and thats when I noticed the scratches. Phone is about 2 months old.

On the other hand my almost 2 year old iPhone4 is completely scratch free.

Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Gorilla glass = my a.s.s

I keep it in a pouch, away from keys or anything that could potentially scratch it, and today in the sun, I see scratches. What, are my fingertips that sharp?
Read the previous post by Lomax. Steel has a hardness less than gorilla glass so keys are irrelevant. What scratched your screen is probably bits of sand (silica) dragged across the glass when you wipe it or some grit in your pouch. They are harder than steel and have the same hardness as glass so they will scratch glass.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Originally Posted by wobegong View Post
On the other hand my almost 2 year old iPhone4 is completely scratch free.
Yeah but can it multitask???

Same for me, the N9 screen coating quality is poor. Disapointing.

If you want to preserve your screen as scratch free as the day you bought it use a screen protector. 'Nuff said.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
I agree with the "proof" vs. "resistant" statement...I also agree that "a glass is a glass" as mentioned in one of the previous posts makes a strong point. Some materials may be tougher/stronger/weaker, but at the end of the day they are not indestructible and hence we should be expecting it to eventually be subjected to "wear and tear".

Just sharing my opinion. I'm sure that the N9 is not the only product that uses this, and there may be varying "toughness/weakness", but there.

We just need to be realistic/practical and not be too scientific/technical about it because there is the human variable where, no matter how we compare, we all have different usage styles, environments, amount of care taken, etc.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by KTy View Post
Same for me, the N9 screen coating quality is poor. Disapointing.
In fact, multiple reviews have given preference to the N9 screen coating if you find them...

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
I have droped my N9 almost 10 times on the wood floor and concrete as well from 1 to 1½ meters. Nothing happened.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
People are so stupid beleiving in marketing crap about non breakable glas or scratchfree glas.

get real for **** sake, ofcourse they can break whatever glas it has on any phone.

mine is breaked similar to the thread creators

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA