Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
Im Having trouble downloading xephwm suxephwm from the first post or from qole.org The browser on my n9 and laptop just open the script, will it work if i copy the text to a blank .txt File and rename to .sh (thats if its ment to be a .sh File) thanks in advance for my stupidity

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by stooobs View Post
Im Having trouble downloading xephwm suxephwm from the first post or from qole.org The browser on my n9 and laptop just open the script, will it work if i copy the text to a blank .txt File and rename to .sh (thats if its ment to be a .sh File) thanks in advance for my stupidity
Just use the right mouse button to save the scripts. The risk of editing in a .txt file is some CR/LF conversion depending on your OS.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

@rcolistete Any progress on the packaging work you were talking about previously? I'd like to see this wrapped up into a convenient form users can install with INCEPTION.

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
@rcolistete Any progress on the packaging work you were talking about previously? I'd like to see this wrapped up into a convenient form users can install with INCEPTION.
I've had some unexpected work & travels but I hope to make some scripts or even .deb's in the next weeks (May).
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
I have an updated Debian image. I started off with Qole's EasyDebian image, upgraded to Debian Squeeze, and did the following changes:

- removed a TON of GNOME libraries and dependencies
- removed epiphany
- installed pulseaudio libraries, sound works
- installed VLC, patched binary to run as root
- installed Aqualung Music Player
- installed Music Player Daemon
- made DBUS use a non-standard socket and pid file so it can run separated from the Harmattan DBUS
- installed dev tools: ruby, python2.6, python3.1, Java, jedit, git, subversion, build-essential
- installed Nginx and configured it to serve the contents of MyDocs with password protection (Nginx has to be started manually)
- installed tuxguitar
- installed dosbox :P
- changed icon theme to Faenza
- Made the filesystem EXT4, and expanded it to 3.7 GB. The image itself is 3.9GB, which is the maximum file size the MyDocs partition can handle (if it's FAT32).

If anyone has any suggestions where I could upload the image, I would be happy to share it.

Last edited by YavkatA; 2012-05-02 at 19:15.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YavkatA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Can you upload it somewhere ?

i could host it on my server.
//how do i use PM on this forum?

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
@meego_leenooks Thnaks for the offer. I tried to send you a PM a few minutes ago and I got the following error message:

"meego_leenooks has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I would be willing to host an N9(50) specific image on qole.org, if it had all of the tweaks in this thread configured. You'd probably have to upload the file to some awful filesharing service for me to get, and then I'd host it properly on qole.org/files

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
seems that i have no minimal amount of posts to enable private messaging.
could you upload the image "somewhere" or should i give you ftp/ssh access to upload?

The Following User Says Thank You to meego_leenooks For This Useful Post:

Tags
chroot, debian, harmattan