Active Topics

..The best description I can give is that there seem to be striations on the screen. Maybe it's what is referred to as "banding" on tv screens. I've tried and tried to take photos of it but i cannot seem to get it on camera properly. I checked with a colleague of mine and he saw what I was talking about, so at least I don't feel crazy anymore.

The bands are most visible when the screen darkens a bit, or when I leave it on the most power-efficient brightness. But to be honest, they are not always visible even then. I think it is typically when the screen goes a bit dark after inactivity.

I have tried moving the open applications halfway up, down etc and the bands i am referring to do not move with the swiped card/window, so I know it is not part of the image that I am looking at but is, in fact, somethign to do with the screen itself.

I'll try again to photograph it and upload what I am talking about. I don't know if I have any recourse with the ebay seller and even if I did, I would be out a phone in the meantime as I don't think I can jam my old, cracked screen back into the phone while I wait for a replacement.

The Following User Says Thank You to original_z For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Well to me it sounds like you either got a defective screen or a low quality knock-off..

I have them on my n9. I just cant get me to send it in.

I too have it on my n9. Perhaps the ribbon cable isn't set all the way in? Or whatever it is that connects the screen to the board.

who was the seller?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Seller is firezhole (yah.. i know.. ) but my screen was real cracked and there weren't any other screens available at hte time. It was getting really bad because hte proximity sensor on my cracked screen was not working, meaning I had no way to end calls as the screen never came back and let me hit anything... basically, every time I called and got an answering machine I left the maximum length voicemail possible and I couldn't do anything about it.

I'll try pop it off and re-seat the connections later 2night

Originally Posted by original_z View Post
Seller is firezhole (yah.. i know.. ) but my screen was real cracked and there weren't any other screens available at hte time. It was getting really bad because hte proximity sensor on my cracked screen was not working, meaning I had no way to end calls as the screen never came back and let me hit anything... basically, every time I called and got an answering machine I left the maximum length voicemail possible and I couldn't do anything about it.

I'll try pop it off and re-seat the connections later 2night
Please let us know how it goes. If that fixes it, I'll give it a shot too.

Well, I tried re-seating the screen but that didn't help at all. I didn't respond right away because I assumed that maybe I didn't do it properly, or there is something else I am missing.. and I haven't gotten around to trying again.

I think I will also consider hooking up my broken screen again just to see if I am imagining the difference.

On a side note, I am also noticing that on my lockscreen there is more purple visible in the white text (very noticeable when the Email and Facebook notifications show up on lockscreen) and the clock numbers need some anti-aliasing ;p Not sure if that is typical or not.. not anymore.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Naw, the lack of anti-aliasing on the font when it's locked on low power screen is normal. And since the brightness is dropped a bit, it looks a bit grey-purple. So that's normal.