Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
LoL, you are just amazing Love you fan boys. keep going...

I'm amazed you act sometimes.
Well some things said are obviously too harsh. But i am just expressing my opinion. I used windows since Win95 and i just don't like the direction in which Win8 is going. Some love it and some hate it.
To each his own

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Well some things said are obviously too harsh. But i am just expressing my opinion. I used windows since Win95 and i just don't like the direction in which Win8 is going. Some love it and some hate it.
To each his own
That is simply great. opinions are great and I'm not blaming anyone here, since I like pointless threads and Personal opinions and stuff. Its mostly the response that made this thread to a mess.

I'm out. I'm going to create a thread of my own about something i don't like...Big Mac's with only 4 GB

I suggest that you all create threads about stuff you dont like. That would be awesome!

and for windows 8. I like that you can switch between tablet/PC mode on Surface Pro. You need atleast one windows 8 computer/tablet in your arsernal.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Well, I am an operating system junkie, I like to test everything out, even if it's different Linux distributions, or BSD ones.

Windows 8 just wasn't usable. One of the usability tests I always say that an operating system must pass, is that I shouldn't have to use a search engine on the Internet to try and change an OPTION. KDE3 and 4 both failed for a long time there. You couldn't just right click on the clock and change it to 12 hour mode. That was a failure, as it was buried in the languages and locales settings (or something, I always forget) they finally fixed that one though.

When I can't find a setting for changing how many suits of cards that Spider Solitaire uses? Or any options for any programs at all? That's an utter failure too.

When their crappy greeting when you're setting up the operating system fails to state "swipe from THIS side" instead of saying "swipe from ANY side" then it's an utter failure as well.

This has nothing to do with "I don't like it." but everything to do with "we're forcing this crap on people." It will be Vista all over again, and you'd think somewhere somehow would stop that from happening within Microsoft.

I have had a theory for a long time that it is Management vs Developers within Microsoft. I think Management is all scrambling for the mobile space and the developers are like 'well screw you then, we'll design this pile of crap.'

Either way, as my coworker said (I'm fighting the urge to wipe out 8 and put 7 back on it so I can show him how bad it is), "Hey, at least Microsoft is getting more people to use Linux!" Ain't that the truth.

Well, we all remember the huge uproar of when KDE 4.0 was out (they still should have just not released that and kept striving for more completion, can only partially blame KDE for that, since they did tell everyone that it wasn't complete, but the Distros didn't care..) and the huge uproar over Gnome-Shell, which I now love (and had always told people I'd wait until 3.4, but even 3.2 wasn't terrible).

Just times that by about 5,000. That'll be the uproar that is heard around the Internet when more people start getting Windows 8 computers.

Oh, fun times ahead!

slaapliedje

P.S. I need to get Nemo working on my HP Touchsmart, unfortunately when I tried the 586 version it crashed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Or any options for any programs at all? That's an utter failure too.
Mouse to top-right, drag down, select "Settings".

Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
This has nothing to do with "I don't like it." but everything to do with "we're forcing this crap on people."
Most people prefer this.

I've used the Release Preview since it came out, and I'm very happy with it. I enjoy watching you guys ***** & moan, because you're doing it in a silo. The rest of the world doesn't care; they're too busy enjoying native service integration.

The Following User Says Thank You to keflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
Originally Posted by keflex View Post

I've used the Release Preview since it came out, and I'm very happy with it..
Yep, same here. I'm using it besides ubuntu and it is an improvement over previous windows systems. If not for anything else, it feels much faster and responsive. Also, if sbd can't find an option that used to be there in w95 or XP and is angry - well, this is development, things will change and users have either to learn again or stay with outdated software. Learn to new way of doing things - it may turn out to be better.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Just wow...

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/14/m...t-surface-199/

Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
It was possible to install Windows 8 previews with local account too, but if I remember correctly the skip option was not very easy to find/notice.

But yes, it really isn't that good a GUI anyway. There seems to be a rule that MS always releases a half-baked version first, and then do it right three years later with next version. Maybe Windows 9 then... ;D
I started with the local account when I installed win8 on my laptop. The problem was as soon as you try to log on to any of the windows live services, they detect that you are using win8 and the the OS forces you to go through some laborious log in process and then you lose the option to log in with a local account.

This was really annoying as it was tied in to Live and hot mail so everyone could see when you logged on to your PC z

Also the UEFI had locked itself directly to my hardware forcing me to perform a complete format of my laptop to get rid of it, when I tried to uninstall 8.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
TI'm out. I'm going to create a thread of my own about something i don't like...Big Mac's with only 4 GB
Go ahead, No one is going to stop you from starting your own thread
and PLEASE, stop 'thanking' your own posts. You look like an ID-10T.

On Topic:
IMO it takes some time to familiarise with W8. But once you got to know it it's not that bad.
Closing programs wasn't a big difference for me as i always close apps with ALT+F4.
I like W8 especially because it's faster than W7. Games i installed ran very well.

Windows 8 is not what we expected but we can try to make the best of it instead of criticizing every downside.

Originally Posted by Bartcore3 View Post
Go ahead, No one is going to stop you from starting your own thread
and PLEASE, stop 'thanking' your own posts. You look like an ID-10T.

On Topic:
IMO it takes some time to familiarise with W8. But once you got to know it it's not that bad.
Closing programs wasn't a big difference for me as i always close apps with ALT+F4.
I like W8 especially because it's faster than W7. Games i installed ran very well.

Windows 8 is not what we expected but we can try to make the best of it instead of criticizing every downside.
I think you look like same kind, if not an even bigger &@%¥# since you even care if I thank myself or not. And please, stay on topic!

you could swipe down to close applications in windows 8 simulard to n9.

It really isn't similar to N9, since swipe down gives you a different menu then swiping up. The N9 just closes the current application, no menu needed. Most computer 'tablets' like my HP Touchsmart have a bit of dead space around the edges, so Windows 8's methods really, really suck.

I think they should just rename the product to 'Tiles 1' since they are getting rid of actual 'windows'.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following User Says Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:

Tags
lumiatard