http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/g...#disqus_thread

Liking what i see so far.

Not to sound like MeeGo hater, but 3.0 actually seems to be really offering the kind of UI that i was hoping from MeeGo side on tablets and the huge user base is already there.
Though it's still early days and that video did not show more than general feel of the UI.
Only thing that i can say straight away that i'm not huge fan of that bottom bar that looks kind of cheap compared to rest of the UI.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-01-05 at 22:38.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
I have the impression that some part of the Android screen in the video still have that subtle "lag" that Android has compared to other HW-accelerated UI's.

Aside that minor detail, Android 3.0 running on the Asus Slider would make a buyer.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following User Says Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Finally... a tablet OS that doesn't just look like a giant phone

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
Exactly.
Very happy that Google/Android went for this route.
Sick of the "first gen" tablets with mobile phone hw and UI.

Hopefully the general public thinks the same too so we see much more of Android 3.0 and MeeGo tablet UX devices with great hw.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
i think this is awesome!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny1001 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Exactly.
Very happy that Google/Android went for this route.
Sick of the "first gen" tablets with mobile phone hw and UI.

Hopefully the general public thinks the same too so we see much more of Android 3.0 and MeeGo tablet UX devices with great hw.
Agree.

Looks promising and unlike a phone which should help separate tablets and smartphones in consumers eyes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
Yup... but I don't want to "Experience the whole internet" on a tablet.

For me the beauty of a mobile browser has been the lack of ads, frames, pop-ups, and any other manner of annoyance that distracts from the information that is requested.

Now that we have the bandwidth and CPU/GPU horsepower in mobile devices I had been hoping to be seduced by a "new" tablets larger screen and more fluid touch interface.

Being able to move information retrieval from the desktop to the couch was one thing the "old" 770/N800/810 tablets allowed us to do. The clunky interface, still developing browser, and smaller screen were the trade offs.

If the trade off for a "new" tablet is that along with the information I request, the "whole internet" with all the crap it now dispenses is dragged off the desktop and on to my couch... I think I'll pass.

SLN member # 009

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Is it me or does it look kind of similar to some of the MeeGo demo videos??? O.o

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Can't help but be impressed. Seems polished, well thought out... and nicely done.

Progress indeed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Being able to move information retrieval from the desktop to the couch was one thing the "old" 770/N800/810 tablets allowed us to do. The clunky interface, still developing browser, and smaller screen were the trade offs.

If the trade off for a "new" tablet is that along with the information I request, the "whole internet" with all the crap it now dispenses is dragged off the desktop and on to my couch... I think I'll pass.
Wait... the N810 did offer the entire internet. Just that you could install methods to block ads, like Privoxy.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, not really open