Today is my birthday, and I'm going to finally purchase the n900. I have been saving and scoping out online stores for roughly six months. The other guys at uni have told me countless times to 'stop talking about a phone you don't even own'. I'm in my final year of my CompSci degree and plan on using the n900 to its fullest (dev'ing for Qt, remote control of my home servers and hosting servers, etc etc). I live in Melbourne, Australia and there are very few in-store retailers that stock the n900 for me to even just hold, but I found a harvey-norman that had one in stock albeit uncharged and I just drooled over the keyboard.

Well, I don't have much more to say but to tell you guys that I will soon be feverishly posting in the developer threads and fingers crossed make some apps for the n900 that the ovi store could be proud of.
Cheers

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to raven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by raven View Post
Today is my birthday, and I'm going to finally purchase the n900. I have been saving and scoping out online stores for roughly six months. The other guys at uni have told me countless times to 'stop talking about a phone you don't even own'. I'm in my final year of my CompSci degree and plan on using the n900 to its fullest (dev'ing for Qt, remote control of my home servers and hosting servers, etc etc). I live in Melbourne, Australia and there are very few in-store retailers that stock the n900 for me to even just hold, but I found a harvey-norman that had one in stock albeit uncharged and I just drooled over the keyboard.

Well, I don't have much more to say but to tell you guys that I will soon be feverishly posting in the developer threads and fingers crossed make some apps for the n900 that the ovi store could be proud of.
Cheers
Nice one dude! But how much is it in Havey Norman over there? I though this device is not for sale in the Aussie market yet because it is not officially out in Aussie. But If you want to get one brand new from New Zealand cheaper then I'll help you get it. All you need to do is pay the money to the company through Internet banking.

Edit:
Man it's almost 150Ausie dollars difference!

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/page/search?q=nokia+n900

Here in NZ is $824NZD, 1NZD = $0.78AUS.
824 New Zealand dollars = 665.415679 Australian dollars.

If you interested buddy, I'll help you out.
Here is the site
http://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=474421

http://www.einfo.co.nz/shop/product_...2&ref=pricespy

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-06-22 at 00:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Dude you sound like the ideal candidate for the N900 ! Get this phone as no other phone on the market compares.

Have fun with it !

But one suggestion But honestly if I were you I will buy it second hand from some other disappointed user in AU or overseas to save a bunch - If you are going to use the N900 to its "fullest", I assume you WILL be overclocking, and this voids the warranty anyway so you might as well not pay for the warranty.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
Dude you sound like the ideal candidate for the N900 ! Get this phone as no other phone on the market compares.

Have fun with it !

But one suggestion But honestly if I were you I will buy it second hand from some other disappointed user in AU or overseas to save a bunch - If you are going to use the N900 to its "fullest", I assume you WILL be overclocking, and this voids the warranty anyway so you might as well not pay for the warranty.
I know this is why I am offering him some saving, NZ is cheaper by 150AUD and closer than US.
I can help hook him up and it still have warrenty
Aslong he send it back to me as first point of contact then I'll send it to the company to claim it back. Or he can send it directly

This is called forum fellows neighbour is helping one another. My colleagues are going to Aussie next few weeks and I can always send it with them

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Melbourne, Australia
Good to see another melbournite interesed in the N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Ehamloptiran For This Useful Post:
Cheers heaps man for the assist, but I'm grabbing it through http://www.mobileciti.com.au, where they have Australian stock, express post, and good feed-back on whirlpool.
$678
I wouldn't buy it from Harvey unless I was doing interest free, as they are always one of the most expensive retailers.
$799
And I think it was April that nokia released for Australian stock, yet besides Harvey no-one has it 'in store', they offer it through their online portal. I just like Harvey for going in and trying things out.

Cheers heaps again for the offer and the help

PM me or email me if you want my help buddy. I graduated as a CompSci too. But was 2years and half back. hahah Glad to help you out with full force

Originally Posted by raven View Post
Cheers heaps man for the assist, but I'm grabbing it through http://www.mobileciti.com.au, where they have Australian stock, express post, and good feed-back on whirlpool.
$678
I wouldn't buy it from Harvey unless I was doing interest free, as they are always one of the most expensive retailers.
$799
And I think it was April that nokia released for Australian stock, yet besides Harvey no-one has it 'in store', they offer it through their online portal. I just like Harvey for going in and trying things out.

Cheers heaps again for the offer and the help
heheh no worry, that $678 is really nice price. I think you'd just buy it cash mate better than HP interest free crap. You know interest free added GST+fees to start with is atleast $50bucks which make it over 800bucks AUD.

So Get it from online company and you would do better in a long run

Happy birthday Raven. Glad to have you in the community. Enjoy your new N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to deegore For This Useful Post:
good choice man i have a n900 it rocks! also im looking forward on ur programs...peace

The Following User Says Thank You to ligidbords For This Useful Post: