Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I would not mind pay a small fee for the support. But those getting a FP2 now should get an option to install it from begining without fee.
Where has this worked before for handheld devices? I'm curious because I see it often proffered however I cannot for the life of me say where this **** has ever been accepted and brought happiness to more than just a handful of users. And by handful, I mean like 5. Not 50,000 or higher.

Why? Because FP2 would maybe sell some more devices if they did. That's a win for all.
No. It's a win for you. And only you. You backed FP2, it's failing you and now you want to yell, kick and scream ad nauseum until you think you get what you deserve.

That's a very vicious cycle because rarely do people get what they want unless they do it for themselves. Which... explains all of us here. Maemo gave us the platform to do a lot of what made us happy. Sadly, it's gone.

And to date, no real device has given that glimpse of happiness back. So... start back at the beginning of this reply...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

No. It's a win for you. And only you. You backed FP2, it's failing you and now you want to yell, kick and scream ad nauseum until you think you get what you deserve.

LOL Seriously, you are totally wrong about me yelling.

I already said my FP2 works very well with SFOS. But I do think it would be a good idea if FP2 did have official SFOS if they want to survive.

I personally did realise from begining that, like Jolla, they may go bancrupt and dissapear. That would be a shame since companies like Fairphone is important this days. Small companys should cooperate with each other. Big companies just eats them up and all visions dies. Thats why I buys stuff from small companies.

Also we can't continue shopping new stuff every half year as w do in western countries this days it is just crazy and stupid.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2017-02-28 at 19:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
There's a great feature on this forum which I discovered a while ago... http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=ignorelist

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
LOL Seriously, you are totally wrong about me yelling.
Originally Posted by mikecomputing
Again I don't need a new phone over and over again!

I want official SFOS for FP2.
Originally Posted by mikecomputing
I dont give a crap a bout a new community device.

What I want is official sailfishos on FP2! How hard can it be?
That's from this thread alone. But okay, perhaps you're not yelling like your norm and cursing out whomever hoping that they become bankrupt "soon". But it's not hard to label your posts as yelling, per usual.

I personally did realise from begining that, like Jolla, they may go bancrupt and dissapear. That would be a shame since companies like Fairphone is important this days. Small companys should cooperate with each other. Big companies just eats them up and all visions dies. Thats why I buys stuff from small companies.
It's important to you, I get it.

Also we can't continue shopping new stuff every half year as w do in western countries this days it is just crazy and stupid.
Trust me. We don't want to do that either. I don't.

Anyway, back to the thread. Jolla on different devices is a potentially good thing. Now, let's see when it happens.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Here is a Youtube video of the entire press event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysot1SNi_XA

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
Here is a Youtube video of the entire press event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysot1SNi_XA
Wait... Now if that was so big with Sony why was there not even a representant from Sony on the press event?

Or did I miss it when fast forward the video?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
It was big for Jolla, probably not so much for Sony.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
It was big for Jolla, probably not so much for Sony.
That's why I don't take it serious. It only yet another fanboyish event seen it before...

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brazil

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to brunelli For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by brunelli View Post
Jolla posted a compilation video from MWC17.
Is that a tablet 47 seconds in?
When they gonna release that bad boy!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, mwc 2017, sailfish os, sony xperia