Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I noticed something strange with one of my N950 IMAP email accounts today; I have the account configured to be always up-to-date. When checking the IMAP server log files, it seems that the e-mail client has been logging in constantly every 5 seconds (filling up the server log files). Is this normal behaviour?
It is happening only with one account on one device? In always up-to-date mode IMAP account should establish IDLE connection and after that no LOGIN commands should be sent to the server (at least while there is no need it). Can you check the logs (messageserver's logs)? Maybe you got some kind of a bug in QMF.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...60#post1133760

Bug #198 is the key one, a patch has been submitted to QMF...
I'm still having a hard time convincing you guys (see comments in bug #198) to package a interim release & delay 1.2 slightly.
One that includes this fix & several others for all the nastiest bugs, many that have been known long before 1.1!

To All: Have a nice New Year! I believe that 2012 preparing something interesting for us
I dont suppose you can elaborate?

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-03 at 08:23.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
I know, I was using the hack before 1.1, but that's the same as the previous answer Sergey, stating someone made the decision to not support it isn't much use. Why? Everyone else supports both? Were no lessons learned from the n900 feedback for that mail client? How many people would have used that as their main device except for the limitations in modest? Yet the same issues appear again?

I just don't understand that line of thought, sorry.
I simply do not have answers on your question, I'm not the right person to ask them.

Originally Posted by sconf View Post
I had similar situation for couple of days. Mail was checked continuously from IMAP push enabled account and messageserver was chewing CPU cycles like there's no tomorrow. I have nice log files of the situation. However, as last resort before filing bug I deleted and recereated the account at N9 "Account" application and the messageserver loop disappeared.

If you would like to see the logs I can provide them. I can't interpret what is happening in logs. It looks like msgindexer can't turn the "pushEnabled" to "1", it keeps returnin as "0". I suspect my problem started with "Reset -> Restore settings" and then restoring from backup.

I don't have the problem currently so I assume it's no use to file a bug. Let me know if you want to see the logs anyway.
Hmm, it could be nice to take a look on the logs. Could you also check may be you got this Bug#198?

Originally Posted by CluelessN9 View Post
Hey.

Since you cannot attache files to a private message, I am sending you the logs anyway.

For your information:
I am using Zarafa (7.0.4) & Z-Push (1.5.6) & Sendmail ( 8.14.3-9.4). It works fine with the E71 and some other Android Phones. The file "debug.txt_z-push" contains the information Z-Push recieves from the phone (unfortunately for another testmail from the N9; not the one from the N9 logs).

By luck I found the following post: http://z-push.sourceforge.net/phpbb/...php?f=7&t=1507. It seems to be that there might be some encoding problems.

I really appreciate your help.
hmm, checked the logs. Didn't found anything really suspicious in the logs (except @localhost in the Cc of the email, of course). Moreover, I can see in "debug.txt_z-push" that Cc field is empty (so no @localhost recipient from the phone). I will try to find some more info later.

Originally Posted by Cmitono View Post
My first post here...

I got my N9 last week and was so impressed by its features, design, etc... However, I also ended up having the "trying to connect to server" issue... After searching for solutions on nokia's sites I found my way here...
Are you using user certificates on the device to connect to server?

Originally Posted by Cmitono View Post
I've never used MFE, instead I've always used the standard email program by nokia. I never had any problems with my N8 or N85...

Honestly, I'm really disappointed... I do use my smartphone mainly to receive emails and it's really horrible that I can't receive emails... I have tried POP3 and IMAP but I always get the same errors. POP3 keeps trying to connect to server and IMAP says "an error has occured".

The only email that is working is the gmail account (which I had to create and redirect my original work-email to it). Although I'm able to receive/send emails the N9 does not synchronize by itself every 10 or 20 minutes (as it should) soI have to check it manually...

I can return the phone at the store until wed and get another one... I was considering android but I really wouldn't like to get rid of this N9 as it's so simple, easy to use and beautiful...

Does anyone at maemo or nokia have a position on this matter?

Instead of "connecting people" it would be much better just "connecting successfully to server"
Can you check your phone settings and tell me is "allow background connections" enabled? If it is not enabled then schedule sync will not work (by design).

Originally Posted by jefftb View Post
as followup, not having any problems with sync via MFE. I have managed to setup and get two reply or sender fields but one is just a generic gmail account that i used to setup the gmail acct. The two business accounts will not exist simultaneously with each other. Is there any known workaround for this problem?
If you are going to use MfE, then I suppose since accounts will have different domains there shouldn't be any problems in creation of two MfE accounts.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...60#post1133760

Bug #198 is the key one, a patch has been submitted to QMF...
I'm still having a hard time convincing you guys (see comments in bug #198) to package a interim release & delay 1.2 slightly.
One that includes this fix & several others for all the nastiest bugs, many that have been known long before 1.1!
You shouldn't convince us to release the bug fixes since that is not in our power to release it for users

I dont suppose you can elaborate?
Of course I can't

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
But you've always deliberately avoided Sergey/others attempts to identify/resolve your issues.
So your thoughts don't count....
You don't want to play any constructive part, you're only here to flame on a regular basis.
I know of one key player in the industry (maintains major sync site for Microsoft Exchange accounts serving various platforms, including iOS, Android, Maemo, and now Meego/Harmattan) who complains about the terrible botch-up Nokia made of the MfE client in Maemo and now Meego/Harmattan. Both iOS and Android - especially iOS - are streets ahead and cause way fewer problems server-side with weird behaviours, wrong assumptions, and just plain goofy-ness. For Maemo/Meego they have to insert all kinds of code into their sync server in order to prevent the client screwing things up in customers' devices. Just one example: the Maemo (N900) client does strange things to people's address books (mainly with duplicate entries but can also cause data loss, and has more than once for me) so their option to prevent the N900 from making any changes to the user's address book in the cloud (effectively turning the N900 into a read-only device) is quite a popular one. The problem has migrated over to the N9, as well.

The fact that this thread exists and Nokia wants to enlist the help of its users in solving these problems is definitely a good thing, but Nokia definitely dropped the ball by not providing a functional Exchange client in the first place.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
But you've always deliberately avoided Sergey/others attempts to identify/resolve your issues.
So your thoughts don't count....
You don't want to play any constructive part, you're only here to flame on a regular basis.
You dont even own the device and you dont know what you are talking about. Buy the device first, and then post.

I am playing a very constructive role by pointing to the C team at NOKIA what the problems are. I will not provide my logs. They know what the problem is. Its poor attention to detail, something that is slowly burying NOKIA.

I just dont think that the C team can accomplish much. Its like asking a Third division team to play in Premiere league.

Originally Posted by noetus View Post
I know of one key player in the industry (maintains major sync site for Microsoft Exchange accounts serving various platforms, including iOS, Android, Maemo, and now Meego/Harmattan) who complains about the terrible botch-up Nokia made of the MfE client in Maemo and now Meego/Harmattan. Both iOS and Android - especially iOS - are streets ahead and cause way fewer problems server-side with weird behaviours, wrong assumptions, and just plain goofy-ness. For Maemo/Meego they have to insert all kinds of code into their sync server in order to prevent the client screwing things up in customers' devices. Just one example: the Maemo (N900) client does strange things to people's address books (mainly with duplicate entries but can also cause data loss, and has more than once for me) so their option to prevent the N900 from making any changes to the user's address book in the cloud (effectively turning the N900 into a read-only device) is quite a popular one. The problem has migrated over to the N9, as well.

The fact that this thread exists and Nokia wants to enlist the help of its users in solving these problems is definitely a good thing, but Nokia definitely dropped the ball by not providing a functional Exchange client in the first place.
Not sure why you're addressing that post....
If you knew the content of the guys posts throughout this thread.
You would be agreeing wholeheartedly with me...
He's done zilch to provide the info. necessary to determine what's going on.
All he does is make smart-arse remarks, long before he even had his N9.

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
You dont even own the device and you dont know what you are talking about. Buy the device first, and then post.
LOL, I apparently know a **** load more than you do...

I am playing a very constructive role by pointing to the C team at NOKIA what the problems are.
I will not provide my logs. They know what the problem is. Its poor attention to detail, something that is slowly burying NOKIA.
I just dont think that the C team can accomplish much. Its like asking a Third division team to play in Premiere league.
LOL, you're in denial mate, you do SFA to play a constructive role.
Anyone who has been following this thread regularly can see that.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-03 at 15:05.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Not sure why you're addressing that post....
If you knew the content of the guys posts throughout this thread.
You would be agreeing wholeheartedly with me...
He's done zilch to provide the info. necessary to determine what's going on.
All he does is make smart-arse remarks, long before he even had his N9.

LOL, I apparently know a **** load more than you do...

LOL, you're in denial mate, you do SFA to play a constructive role.
Anyone who has been following this thread regularly can see that.
Yeaaa....the whole world is seeing it, that is why the sales suck. Go get an N9 and then post. Stop trolling like a payed NOKIA goon

I thought you were still on holidays, couldn't stay away from BigBadGuber!?

You shouldn't convince us to release the bug fixes since that is not in our power to release it for users
Yes, but it is in your power to talk to people that make those decisions.
If the logic's sound & you agree with it, then why not advocate for it!?

Of course I can't
Is it related in any way to Meltemi?

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-03 at 15:53.

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Yeaaa....the whole world is seeing it, that is why the sales suck. Go get an N9 and then post. Stop trolling like a payed NOKIA goon
Did you fall on your head as a baby?

guys, please stop arguing in this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
I thought you were still on holidays, couldn't stay away from BigBadGuber!?
And I'm on holidays Just checking the thread as promised

Yes, but it is in your power to talk to people that make those decisions.
If the logic's sound & you agree with it, then why not advocate for it!?
We are doing what we can, believe me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950