Poll: I like enable the 2 mics feature
Poll Options
I like enable the 2 mics feature

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
The N900 capturing to much ambient noisy calls, even in hand's free mode. Other device uses 2 mics and software to filter and enhancing the voice over the ambient noise.

When connected a hand's free, it already has 2 mics and we only need to adapt the Noise Reduction software that run in N8 to N900 and that is my idea.

Last edited by hgroove; 2011-03-30 at 05:01.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Loook at this link and I think it's possible noise-cancelling or noise reducction via software....
http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/29/p...cheap-but-are/

Yes this would actually be possible. BUT unless the CSSU make an open source clone of the Phone component withing our N900's. There really is little hope for this. Seeing as this function would have to be built into the Phone component and Nokia has refused to release the source code to our community devs...

Maybe post this suggestion in the CSSU page here

Then see whether the developers think it is possible. They might even begin working on this

Give it a try

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page