Hello everybody... Be carefull with this library... I installed it for the facebook widget works later... But it doesnīt work and later... When I Uninstall the library... MY PHONE DIED!!! Donīt uninstall that library... the one from devel repository....

Last edited by chemist; 2013-03-23 at 00:00. Reason: typos, language and misconception

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Can't you just reflash it?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Calm down: There is nothing wrong with libcurl3, be it in extras, extras-devel or cssu. This is a common library, which might be installed in quite some N900s around.

Please try to describe what you tried to install an remove, with which application or in X-Terminal.
Please also describe the state your N900 is right now. Every bit of information might be useful.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Calm down: There is nothing wrong with libcurl3, be it in extras, extras-devel or cssu. This is a common library, which might be installed in quite some N900s around.

Please try to describe what you tried to install an remove, with which application or in X-Terminal.
Please also describe the state your N900 is right now. Every bit of information might be useful.
I read over the internet that libcurl3 can resolve the problem of the facebook widget... I install the library, but it doesnīt work, the facebook widget continues with the problem... So.... I uninstall the library typing in the X-Terminal:

#sudo gainroot
#apt get-remove libcurl3

Then, the phone deletes EVERYTHING... and now is inusable... The phone doesnīt turn on..... And sometimes is on but in the secreen of nokia goes turn down again.. and again and again.... What can I do???

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Then, the phone deletes EVERYTHING
Did you really... i mean, honestly... let it do it???

If essential packages will get removed, apt-get would notify you.
If it deleted just the kernel and some libraries, you may try to flash the kernel from the firmware image explained in this wiki article http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...rt_topic.21.29

If this however is failing to boot the phone -there might be other errors, if it starts at all- your only chance is to flash the firmware to the phone according to that wiki article http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware
Do not flash the emmc, aka Vanilla. This would erase your data as well! You do not want this, do you?

Last edited by michaaa62; 2013-03-23 at 07:58.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
#sudo gainroot
#apt get-remove libcurl3

Then, the phone deletes EVERYTHING
You're not entirely honest with us. You're not telling us whole atory - the fact is, that between "apt-get remove" and "deletes everything", apt-get asks you, kindly, if you want to continue (listing packages that will get removed). You have to explictly type "y" and enter, to allow it.

So, famous bug called "user error". Considering amount of mess you've created by deleting plentora of essential packages, you're better to reflash, as michaaa62 said.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Ah, PEBKAC...

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
tl;dr: Idiot between phone and Internet. Nothing to see, move along.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-devel
The software hosted in extras-devel is not ready for normal users!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't play with it unless you really know what you are doing. Be ready to file proper bug reports instead of posting complaints.

Expected problems: crashes, battery drain, poor system performance, full disk space & more - SERIOUSLY!
Don't play with Extras-devel if you haven't backed up your data or aren't prepared to re-flash your device.
Could this message be made any more clearer?!

Tags
libcurl3 ate, my hamster