Active Topics

Hi,

i am pretty new here in this forum. I am watching maemo for some time now, and for a long time I have played with the idea of buying a nokia n900, but.... Well about 1,5 years ago I bought a Palm Pre.and in the first place I found it pretty cool, then I looked at it more closely and found it quite disappointing that there weren't the apps nor the options I would need to.

Now that the warranty of the Palm Pre is almost gone, I just think: I would like to flash my device with maemo, I just don't have a clue how to start this. Is there anyone who can give me a tip, a how to or something?

Kind regards from Germany,

Marco

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by Marco1002 View Post
Hi,

i am pretty new here in this forum. I am watching maemo for some time now, and for a long time I have played with the idea of buying a nokia n900, but.... Well about 1,5 years ago I bought a Palm Pre.and in the first place I found it pretty cool, then I looked at it more closely and found it quite disappointing that there weren't the apps nor the options I would need to.

Now that the warranty of the Palm Pre is almost gone, I just think: I would like to flash my device with maemo, I just don't have a clue how to start this. Is there anyone who can give me a tip, a how to or something?

Kind regards from Germany,

Marco
Hi
Simple answer is: not gonna happen.
In order to get Maemo on a Palm Pre, you'd first have to have access to all the source files of Maemo, which we don't unfortunately.
Sorry for the bad news - nice idea though

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Maybe running cordia over the pre kernel. But I have no idea how, and what drivers are needed...

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Maybe running cordia over the pre kernel. But I have no idea how, and what drivers are needed...
If the guy found a lack of apps and options with Web OS, using Cordia wouldn't really help now would it...

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I find lack of apps and options with android. On the contrary I have found a solution for every wild thing has crossed my mind on this device (like having the speakers play music along with the headphones). I'm sure maemo apps can be quite easily ported to pre, or even plain run. Just like we're able to play their closed binary games.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
It's possible. But Maemo is designed for 800x480.

Tags
maemo, palm pre