Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
I was able to do it with the Patch: Speaker volume up
This and the other applications like it only appear to adjust the speaker level on my phone. People I am calling are having a hard time hearing me. My voice coming through to them is very quiet.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by oenone View Post
What is the verdict on the sensors crashing bug and how best to fix it?
Is it just my phone or can you guys try this. I don't have any scripts monitoring the sensor processes.

I got mad at the crash one time during an important call and almost threw away my Nexus 5. I shook it so hard with anger. To my surprise, the sensor and the touch screen started working again. I have been doing this, every time my touch screen stops responding, since this happened a few days ago. It always recover if you shake it very hard and wait for few seconds. Sometimes I have to shake it few times. I shake top end of the phone to the sides and up down --hard. Don't know why this is working.

I do have an issues with SFdroid that makes me reboot once or twice a day. It feels like SF and Droid is fighting for access to disk or running out of RAM or something and the LED starts blinking red. I don't know if anyone has reported it or know any work around.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Do you have A FP2 already? I wasn't one of the original backers, placed an order through their website quite recently (mid Feb i think).

The website said "ships in March!" but March is over and i haven't heard anything! Point being, if you order one don't expect to get it quickly. I think it'll be worth the wait though.
I ordered the FP2 in mid-Jan, received it in mid-Feb.

Installed SFOS2 on it a few nights ago, and it's fantastic.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lkravovicz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jef91 View Post
This and the other applications like it only appear to adjust the speaker level on my phone. People I am calling are having a hard time hearing me. My voice coming through to them is very quiet.
well i have this too on android, so its not sailfishos related

The Following User Says Thank You to frullewulle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post

I do have an issues with SFdroid that makes me reboot once or twice a day. It feels like SF and Droid is fighting for access to disk or running out of RAM or something and the LED starts blinking red. I don't know if anyone has reported it or know any work around.
I have the same. When the LED starts blinking red just press on the power button a couple of time to keep the phone from rebooting. I'm using sfdroid on the N5 most of the time.

The Following User Says Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
Originally Posted by frullewulle View Post
well i have this too on android, so its not sailfishos related
Maybe it is hardware related, but that doesn't answer my question:

is there no way to increase the sensitivity of the microphone?

Really happy with Sailfish OS on the Nexus 5, but I am going to have to get a different phone if I cannot make phone calls on it.

Originally Posted by Jef91 View Post
Maybe it is hardware related, but that doesn't answer my question:

is there no way to increase the sensitivity of the microphone?

Really happy with Sailfish OS on the Nexus 5, but I am going to have to get a different phone if I cannot make phone calls on it.
I've have the same feeling about this; have read somewhere that covering the second mic hole on top of the phone helps, because it happens mostly in noisy surroundings, with bad signal quality

The Following User Says Thank You to frullewulle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
What is the approx battery life on nexus 5 with sailfish. I understand the sensor framework issue. But still just curious.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to padmaraj.ravi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
I have the same. When the LED starts blinking red just press on the power button a couple of time to keep the phone from rebooting. I'm using sfdroid on the N5 most of the time.
I have the same issue...red blinking led. I do exactly that. Press power one or twice or keep it pressed. Usually it doesn't reboot, but sometimes does.
Anybody knows why this is happening?
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by padmaraj.ravi View Post
What is the approx battery life on nexus 5 with sailfish. I understand the sensor framework issue. But still just curious.
Well, to be honest it lasts less comparing to Android. But If Android does quite well the battery life so SF wouldn't be so bad at all, right?. But It always depends on your everyday use. Of course this is with sfdroid enabled and I think it makes sense. But if you disable sfdroid it lasts longer than Android ...as I remember (have sfdroid now). Hope it helps but anyway you should give it a try, despite its drawbacks or missing apps (maps or bluetooth headset connectivity) I think it worth it!.
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jem555 For This Useful Post: