Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Hoping a developer takes you up on your offer. Would be nice on Maemo4
*sigh* why do I always bother to step into things...

Where's the repo at? Is it git? (sure makes life easier).

For my Maemo projects I've abstracted away the platform specific code which includes back porting UI element styles from Fremantle to Diablo.

Using this abstraction has allowed me easy development on Desktop Linux, Diablo, and Fremantle

I could look into the possibility of adding support for hildonize inside this.

See
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/ggi...073e81f4f7edbd

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I got such a man-crush on epage.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

I wasn't sure where you source tree is so I pulled your source package and made a git repo out of it.

It still doesn't launch but I think I'm almost there. I did completely skip over redoing the menus though

http://github.com/epage/nqaap

EDIT 1: Now launches on desktop linux. I need to organize some audio books and do some menu work before I can really do much more extensive testing.

EDIT 2: The current status in github is:
  • Works on Desktop Linux (should work on Diablo and Fremantle)
  • Default cover art
  • Added some short cut keys
  • Some minor code "cleanup" (at least cleanup to me, but overall I consider the original code very clean)

Last edited by epage; 2010-04-23 at 01:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
I don't know if Diablo and Fremantle handle this automagically but I did notice when adding a default cover art that oversized images could cause weirdness.

Oh yeah, I did add a shortcut key for rotation support but didn't adjust the UI accordingly.

Would you mind getting a real bug tracker? Trust me, it made a world of difference when I switched over. Its pretty easy to get on maemo.org's, just email bugzilla@maemo.org with the following info:
  • Name:
  • Subcomponents:
  • Description:
  • Default Assignee:
  • Default QA Contact
  • User Rights:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Let me know if/when you got a version and I'd be happy to test it on an N810
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
I only tried it once briefly. I was immediately put off by the fact that the audio files have to be in ~/MyDocs/Audiobooks. As others have mentioned above, it is undesirable to have Audio books show up in the Music player. Because of that, I have my Audio books in folder on my memory card that I have banned from being indexed by the media tracker. Of course, I guess I could add ~/MyDocs/Audiobooks to the list of folders that should not be indexed, but it would have been easier (for me as a user) if nQa had simply allowed me to browse to where my audio files where located. Any way, no big deal. I just thought I would mention it. I will give it a more thorough try once I have a bit more time.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
I only tried it once briefly. I was immediately put off by the fact that the audio files have to be in ~/MyDocs/Audiobooks. As others have mentioned above, it is undesirable to have Audio books show up in the Music player. Because of that, I have my Audio books in folder on my memory card that I have banned from being indexed by the media tracker. Of course, I guess I could add ~/MyDocs/Audiobooks to the list of folders that should not be indexed, but it would have been easier (for me as a user) if nQa had simply allowed me to browse to where my audio files where located. Any way, no big deal. I just thought I would mention it. I will give it a more thorough try once I have a bit more time.
How do you ban folders from being scanned by the media player?

Fred

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I'd certainly not want audiobooks in my MyDocs folder on my N800 or N810; I'd much rather be able to put them in mmc1 or mmc2. I wouldn't even have room in the MyDocs folder.

epage -- thanks for taking this up!
Pengman -- thanks for getting it going!

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
I'd certainly not want audiobooks in my MyDocs folder on my N800 or N810; I'd much rather be able to put them in mmc1 or mmc2. I wouldn't even have room in the MyDocs folder.

epage -- thanks for taking this up!
Pengman -- thanks for getting it going!
I would agree. I would have to, personally, use an mmc2 location.

Originally Posted by epage View Post
i wasn't sure where you source tree is so i pulled your source package and made a git repo out of it.

It still doesn't launch but i think i'm almost there. I did completely skip over redoing the menus though

http://github.com/epage/nqaap
Pretty cool. I'm a SVN guy, but i'm familiar wit the idea of DVCS's how do we proceed? I've not looked in detail at your changes yet, but I appreciated the help and chance to learn from an experienced Maemo hacker.

i don't know if diablo and fremantle handle this automagically but i did notice when adding a default cover art that oversized images could cause weirdness.
Well, it would somewhat resize it, but not always correctly. I considered it a minor thing.

Oh yeah, i did add a shortcut key for rotation support but didn't adjust the ui accordingly.
Awesome if it can be made to work.
would you mind getting a real bug tracker?
I've sent a request.

it would have been easier (for me as a user) if nqa had simply allowed me to browse to where my audio files where located.
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
i would agree. I would have to, personally, use an mmc2 location.
You are obviously both right. There are no (good) technical reason why the user should not pick the location of the books. It was simply a shortcut that allowed me to move on at some point.

It is on the list for the next release, which will probably come soon after I figure out how to use github and get an OK from epage for the Diablo version.