Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by redhotfoo View Post
... or a different idea for solving the problem!
Get a radio with USB input and you may be able to charge.
Maybe not the cheapest way, but you asked

--edit
cheaper ideas:
or get a simple old Nokia 2mm / 3.5mm jack car charger and use the jack to USB adaptor (original accesory).
or get a female micro to female USB adaptor and use car charger cable with USB cable
no warranty...

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2012-02-26 at 20:57.

@peterleinchen:
I have an original Nokia car charger, which does not work. I do not see a reason why it should work using a 2mm car charger with microUS_B adapter.

But your idea brought me to this here:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/170777514183

I think this should do the job... I have ordered it...

Grüße aus Norddeutschland

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Long Beach
My USB port has broken.

I have a battery charger on the way. But, it looks like my life here at maemo is over.. just like the dreamcast, the n900 will live in my memory as one of the best devices EVAA!!!!!!

Last edited by sanchdaniel; 2012-03-08 at 00:36.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by sanchdaniel View Post
My USB port has broken.

I have a battery charge on the way. But, it looks like my life here at maemo is over.. just like the dreamcast, the n900 will live in my memory as one of the best devices EVAA!!!!!!
Sell it, i would buy it

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
My USB port also broke. The device is I guess 2.5 years old. PALCO will not fix it. The end of my N900....bit the thrash can

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
My USB port also broke. The device is I guess 2.5 years old. PALCO will not fix it. The end of my N900....bit the thrash can
Jeebus, no, don't throw them away! These things are getting harder and harder to find everyday. Put it up for auction on TMO, somebody'll be able to get it fixed and used as a testbed for experiments.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Long Beach
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
Sell it, i would buy it
Sure.. I've put it on sale. Check out the Buy/Sell forum.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
Ok so its happened too... A few months ago my usb gave up and came off themther board, so I got a second battery and charger off the bay... cool back in business... untill yesterday I like a fool know the N900 doesnt like to be run at 1.15ghz on the scale without reboots.. so what did I go and do... yes I set it too 1.15ghz and tried to run Aljazzera live.. and the phone just went into reboot... but didnt come out of the Nokia screen and has been like this ever since.. So 2 questions... is there any other way to flash this without usb... or does anyone know a repair centre in or around Ipswich or Suffolk?

Loz...

Not happy.. and looking at the Gallaxy S2 now...

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.
ECS EA1 mono block amps x2, Tannoy M3, Tannoy ST50 super tweeters.
Tannoy 625 Alfie Sub, Revo iblik Wifi reflashed now with DAB. Pure Sound

Dont steal, the govenment hates the compitition.

www.vacrite.co.uk

The Following User Says Thank You to Loz For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:
Hi, I got my N900 phone's USB port broken and fixing it is too expensive in India (about 9000 INR). I am using this phone now with the help of external charger (China made) that costs just 100 INR and two additional original Nokia batteries.

This gave me an additional surprising benefit of increased battery life. Earlier it was struggling to last even a full day. But now, I am getting a life of a minimum of 50 hours

One thing I am making sure is to use the battery until it gets discharged completely (I could do it as I have spare battery to replace immediately).

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty