Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Nice ideas, however when probablities are considered in reality when a device appears to market, it will be;
  • Foxconn reference HW design (typical Chinese cheap android lookalike)
  • Android base modified with some quick & dirty interface modification
  • Locked boot loader without developer access
  • No AOSP version available, no possibility to install own roms
  • Visible "NOKIA" logo in lage font
I agree partially. I do agree that it is likely to be a cheap Chinese look-alike. Yes, UI/app customisation will be non-existing beyond plausible excuse for first device because of time-to-market and pressure to launch in early 2017. However, having worked with Arto Nummela, I doubt he will go for just any industrial design. Arto has worked on industrial designs for US operators and some of them were much sexier than the stuff we did for the rest of the world such as Nokia Lumia Icon (if I'm not mistaken).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peter@Maemo Marketing For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Share, like, comment, maybe #nokiaback2maemo https://twitter.com/dostortugas/stat...45688524443648

We need to get loud about this!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Share, like, comment, maybe #nokiaback2maemo https://twitter.com/dostortugas/stat...45688524443648

It would be more realistic to ask for a Maemo UI/Community mode in Android OS than asking for Harmattan to make a comeback. Foxconn/HMD will not to do it. There is no money in doing such a thing IMHO (Jolla tried, and tried, and is still trying burning cash).

Well, I liked the tweet anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to Peter@Maemo Marketing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Gotham
DJCBS

1 - HMD, the company who has the global rights to the Nokia-branded phones, is a FINNISH company;

2 - Nokia holds a seat on HMD's board and has the ultimate saying on pretty much any phone made. It controls designs, quality, technology, consumer experience etc;

3 - the manufacturing will be done in partnership with Foxconn. Which is exactly what pretty much everyone else is doing, from Apple to Sony, including Microsoft itself (Foxconn builds the Xbox One in case you didn't know that).

4 - HMD's CEO is an ex-Nokia veteran. HMD's employees are ex-Nokians. HMD will be using Nokia patents for the phones.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by chemist View Post

I would, but I do not have a Twatter account and do not intend to create one just for this. So I am liking at least your post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Foxkia View Post
DJCBS

1 - HMD, the company who has the global rights to the Nokia-branded phones, is a FINNISH company;

2 - Nokia holds a seat on HMD's board and has the ultimate saying on pretty much any phone made. It controls designs, quality, technology, consumer experience etc;

3 - the manufacturing will be done in partnership with Foxconn. Which is exactly what pretty much everyone else is doing, from Apple to Sony, including Microsoft itself (Foxconn builds the Xbox One in case you didn't know that).

4 - HMD's CEO is an ex-Nokia veteran. HMD's employees are ex-Nokians. HMD will be using Nokia patents for the phones.
You forgot to mention:

5 - Nokia killed maemo

6 - Nokia killed harmattan

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
You forgot to mention:

5 - Nokia killed maemo

You made my day, tyvm

But how if nokia resurrect them all?

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Gotham
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
You forgot to mention:

5 - Nokia killed maemo

Meego / Maemo not dead

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Foxkia View Post
Meego / Maemo not dead
When and IF it's out - talk to me. Currently it's speculation topic with promises and nothing more.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Something like this would be awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXaBlFNKbpk