Closed Thread
Off-topic - let me guess, our "bellowed" and "favorite" N950 renting program resulted in less interest amongst some CSSU team members?
[/off-topic]
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Radical Realistic Open Source with JFDI instead of Bikeshedding
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Off-topic - let me guess, our "bellowed" and "favorite" N950 renting program resulted in less interest amongst some CSSU team members?
[/off-topic]
Also known as the N900 effect.

Note: due to recommendations from my therapist, I'm ignoring abill_uk for the better of the community. If you echo any similar sentiments as him, feel free to message me or draw my attention to your post as I will gladly participate in reasonable and constructive discussions

Where is the place to adress CSSU team in public so everyone cn see what is their answer?

This is a thing for the council but as I see things also the Cordia project isn't much hope for Maemo as only Smoku is developing for it. This means that there is onlt MeeGo. Since there is no MeeGo (N9 is a big mistake and I wont buy one) what is the solution for Maemo?
This are very important queations. It was nice to read a while ago that we have 3 roads but after a bit of reaserch it comes out that we have no options then jump to other platform.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Where is the place to adress CSSU team in public so everyone cn see what is their answer?
PERHAPS a CSSU thread instead of the Council thread?!

as CSSU was supposed to be one of the hopes for maemo this is the right place in my opinion. If you would look at the CSSU hread- developers don't show up in there so what is the point in asking questions in there? There is absolutely no comunication with the devs so no one knows what is going on and why and this situation brought me to the Council as the governing body which should be interested in CSSU and have more info.

Originally Posted by tekki View Post
Also known as the N900 effect.
N900 wasn't limited to "choosen ones".

As for asking about CSSU here - I remember news, when it was listed amongst main "goals" of Council (to support it, together with Cordia) so I don't think it's bad place.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Look at today's log for #maemo-ssu, interesting stuff to read

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Thank you. This is realy something interesting to read! Finally some news!

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Radical Realistic Open Source with JFDI instead of Bikeshedding
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
N900 wasn't limited to "choosen ones".
My reference was to that 1) there was a N900 developer programme from sometime before actual launch called Fremantle Stars and 2) the hand-out of loaner N900s in Amsterdam at MeeGo summit before shipping started

The effect were the same, key application contributors and hackers moved on to "next" device, hence, the N900 effect.

Note: due to recommendations from my therapist, I'm ignoring abill_uk for the better of the community. If you echo any similar sentiments as him, feel free to message me or draw my attention to your post as I will gladly participate in reasonable and constructive discussions

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tekki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Since the actual number of votes needed to promote an application to Extras was lowered to 6, a big number of applications haver reached the status to be promoted, but they haven't, probably due to lack of time/interest of their developers.

I propose that promotion from Extras Testing to Extras should be automatic.

What would be the point to promote from Devel to Testing if then the application is not going to be promoted to Extras?

Closed Thread

Tags
council