PLEASE HELP i have been having this problem with my n900, the camera app opens and goes through all the picture taking motions, but when i try to view the piccture i see nothing, also i have about 11.3gb of music on my phone but it suddenly started showing only 28 songs , i can only acces the other songs via playlists saved on the phone.and most of the songs have no information showing.
also all the files in my phone appear as shortcuts when i attach it in pc mode and the only files acessible to me are those in the disk and not in folders. i have formatted the phone and reinstalled the os to no avail hellppp!!!!!

Last edited by admiral4eva; 2010-10-04 at 18:58.

i got the bad news today, nokia authorised repair shop carphone in the uk cannot fix my phone, i got it outside the eu, so the warranty is void here help anyone,

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Just reflash your device:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

Edit: don't forget to backup first

try typing tracker-processes --hard-reset in XTerminal and restart the phone. wait for the phone to refresh.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
reflashing eMMC will destroy your files

i already backed up my data, i have flashed the phone twice now, has anyone heard of someone with a similar problem?

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by admiral4eva View Post
i already backed up my data, i have flashed the phone twice now, has anyone heard of someone with a similar problem?
Did you do a real reflash? Firmware + emmc? If that doesn't work you are doomed IMO

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Connect N900 to your computer and copy all the files that are important to you (pictures, videos, the backup, etc) and then do a *real* reflash, like others said, Firmware + emmc:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

Why is this titled Virus Attack?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to regnighc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Maryland, USA
Are you sure your camera is not in video mode?