Notices

Great work Nikolay !! This is an excellent alternative to the stock player .. lots of usable functions but takes some time to get it right .. However I have a small grievance, I am unable to delete files from the player's library .. I added music files from a sd card using add directory and now those files exist as unknown tracks with 0 time length .. later I added the same files through manage library and it imported the tracks with names .. I was looking for an option to delete the unknown files. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the library remains intact .. Could you please me help with this issue ...
Thanks in advance

Last edited by lethalgene; 2011-04-08 at 03:07.

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
i also think the issue with clearing the current playlist is a drawback - i think it should be available also from the add tracks place and without any warning window. in most times you do not wish to append songs - you wish the songs in the new playlist file you choose to REPLACE the ones that exists.
Somebody, i'm sorry - i didn't realize that pressing the "V" button replaces the current playlist

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
First, thank you for the excellent application. Exceeds by far the N900's native application for ease of use and options.

I, personally, I have an audio problem with using this application. I suffer from audio clips constantly, and often I have to stop playing and return to give the "play"to retrieve the audio. If I open the application menu or task manager or pulse off the screen, the audio and most likely will not play again without stopping the application. If I check the application when this occurs indicates that it continues playing the song but not heard.

I do not suffer this with any other application.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
First, thank you for the excellent application. Exceeds by far the N900's native application for ease of use and options.

I, personally, I have an audio problem with using this application. I suffer from audio clips constantly, and often I have to stop playing and return to give the "play"to retrieve the audio. If I open the application menu or task manager or pulse off the screen, the audio and most likely will not play again without stopping the application. If I check the application when this occurs indicates that it continues playing the song but not heard.

I do not suffer this with any other application.
I too.. thanks in advance

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 487 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Novosibirsk, Russia
@lethalgene
To delete library remove file ~/.someplayer/library.sqlite3

@WhiteWolf, @Red_Fox
This is known issue in backend I use. I'll try to fix it in 2.0

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to somebody For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
I flashed my phone to global firmware(to get skype), and installed apps from backup debs and by downloading debs in pc. I have installed someplayer as well but its not playing anything. App opens I can click on songs but no sound. I have checked dependencies by apt-get check and apt-get -f install, neither of them shows any error, so I think I am not missing any dependencies as far as I know. Is there any way to fix it? Can there be any invisible unfulfilled dependencies? I have recently installed FAS and it gives the famous error:
"RuntimeError: the sip module implements AP v8.0 but the PyQ4.QtCore module requires API v7.1". All my pyqt are of version maemo2, maybe I need to update qt as well.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 487 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Novosibirsk, Russia
@Joseph9560

May be codecs. Try to install all codecs (for ogg, flac and other formats).

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
I flashed my phone to global firmware(to get skype), and installed apps from backup debs and by downloading debs in pc. I have installed someplayer as well but its not playing anything. App opens I can click on songs but no sound. I have checked dependencies by apt-get check and apt-get -f install, neither of them shows any error, so I think I am not missing any dependencies as far as I know. Is there any way to fix it? Can there be any invisible unfulfilled dependencies? I have recently installed FAS and it gives the famous error:
"RuntimeError: the sip module implements AP v8.0 but the PyQ4.QtCore module requires API v7.1". All my pyqt are of version maemo2, maybe I need to update qt as well.
Have you tried starting it from the terminal to see if there is any feedback there.

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by somebody View Post
@WhiteWolf, @Red_Fox
This is known issue in backend I use. I'll try to fix it in 2.0
Thanks.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
This is me spamming same stuff that was before in this thread. But I like this player and canīt help myself so had to repeat. If you feel using imperative offensive then I apologize it. Just means that Iīm little too passionate about little things and these are of course just suggestions

General
==================
Disable maemo default list item background highlighting (like fapman does).

Full screen button is visible in some views. Make consistent.
-> Library view and sorting are not in full screen while main view is. Try to keep fullscreen-button in same place for all views so that user doesnīt have to "learn" itīs location every time.

Get rid top and bottom bezels at least when not in full screen (landscape).

Bezels appear but they disappear after going to library view
-->after that also sorting view looks different

Why no type-to-search functionality?

Changing trough different views with just flick (like in desktop) would be awesome.

Playlist view
==================
Make enqueued songs different color and add number after them to show their current position in que.

Currently playing item is unreadable with default colors because of highlighting. (gray text, blue highlighting)

Clear play-list could be also in top-popup-menu

Left "action" button before song name could be something little different. Maybe square box/button that has little arrow DOWN and also maybe more space between button and song name or perhaps little vertical line in background to distinct this button as action button.

Album art / now playing
===================
action buttons around album art do not always work.

Volume slider would be nice.( right side of screen, vertical slider)

.edit
I used player only in landscape.

Last edited by slender; 2011-04-14 at 10:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:

Tags
music player, nokia n900, someplayer