Mine got hot once only, when i was downloadingwith wifi many videos from youtube, but i think its the same with all smartphones when u push it to heavy downloads.

My N9 got slow only once when i tried around 20/25 apps same time to test multitasking limits, but it wasnt hot. It gets slow also when i go online for facebook chat in my contact apps, coz i have 1600 facebook contacts to check and deal with, but it doesnt get hot.

But i have to say that the N9 is very very sensitive to few changes u can make in the settings, a permanent 3g, or a double network then te phone constantly changes it, background internet connection or not, clear wallpaper, 60% of light or more for the screen, and the battery gives you few hours using it, maybe 6. Its a problem for me i'm a bit deceived about that. I dunno if we compare both systems but my N8 with symbian anna after one year has a lot more battery life, with permanent 3g, high lightning for screen, automatic checks for emails and a lot of web browsing...

Thats the main issue for me, stay on 2g, do not update every 30mn automatic feeds, or your battery will be really poor, like you have a sport car but can't speed with it.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Extensive 3G traffic makes the antenna go hot. Otherwise my N9 doesn't get hot at all, even with more than 10 apps open at a time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Australia
i think i got a defective unit again.. this is frustrating..

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ 127.0.0.1
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Extensive 3G traffic makes the antenna go hot. Otherwise my N9 doesn't get hot at all, even with more than 10 apps open at a time.
It's good to read this, because my N9 indeed didn't/doesn't get hot when using WiFi and multitasking, but when I started to use 3G (mail, RSS, Facebook, Firefox, ...) I noticed it got warm. Not HOT, just warm, front and back.

I my N9 16GB Black.
(059J201 RM-696 NDT BENELUX BLACK 16GB)

The Following User Says Thank You to Yeshua For This Useful Post:
hello guys,my n9 gets hot everytime i play music, and the home screen if i scroll it up and down and also my messages and others, it lags and runs slowly, but if i turned off the music, it runs very smoothly. my phone is already 1 year but it happens just only a few weeks back, I remember i installed opptimizer 6 months ago and i run it upto 1.3 frequency and volatage and it runs fine on my n9, and i am using my phone in offline mode coz i am a seafarer and im not getting any signal from ship. 2 weeks ago i switched my phone to mobile nerwork then i noticed after a few hours my n9 gets very very hot and the battery meter becomes very poor, then i decided to opptimize again in lower frequency, and it works fine again for 2 weeks. i'm goingto tell you what i did before it happen.i installed n9qt 9.7.8 and removed the 9.5.9, and i use mp3tag for my music and edit all album cover with my own style using 600x600 resolution. and then that is the thing that happened next, everytime i play the music, it really becomes hot and the battery becomes low very fast, before in 5 hours, only 10% of my battery consumed, now for 1 hour, already 10% had been consumed, I uninstalled n9qt 9.7.8 coz i think that is the one that causing it, but NO, still there, . Since I know how to reflash my phone, I reflashed it once, then put back again the musics and installed n9qt 9.5.9. And now I still have the problem. My phone gets hot and lags everytime i play my music, and consumes more battery. Other than that, if i leave my phone, it's normal. Base on my story, does anyone can figure out what causes these? I don't wanna lose my n9. I really don't know what's really the cause of this! Please help! Thanks

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by raider-R150 View Post
hello guys,my n9 kjklsdjf sdlfj jwrtjhh jhsadfkjh kjaslkaj sfjkhl
Thanks
Could you please format your post to make it readable?? It's such a character goo now that I'm not even going to try to read it. Capitals, paragraphs and punctuation weren't invented for nothing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Mine gets hot only when an app crashes and stays for a while. I keep mine in the cover as well, as for where I got it, I got it in Lebanon but it's made in Finland. It gets a bit warm after playing some videos on YouTube but if something crashes while interrupting another process, it gets REALLY hot. Yet mine always heats up from the front, not the back...

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Hello guys, my n9 gets hot everytime I play music and the home screen if I scroll it up and down and also my messages and others, it lags and runs slowly, but if i turned off the music, it runs very smoothly. My phone is already 1 year but it happens just only a few weeks back.

I remember I installed opptimizer 6 months ago and I run it upto 1.3 frequency and voltage and it runs fine on my n9, and i am using my phone in offline mode because I am a seafarer and I'm not getting any signal from ship. Just 2 weeks ago I switched my phone to mobile nerwork then I noticed after a few hours my n9 gets very very hot and the battery meter becomes very poor, then i decided to opptimize again in lower frequency, and it works fine again for 2 weeks.

I'm going to tell you what i did before it happen just 2 weeks back.I installed n9qt 9.7.8 and removed the 9.5.9, and I use mp3tag for my music and edit all album cover with my own style using 600x600 resolution. and then that is the thing that happened next. Everytime i play the music, it really becomes hot and the battery becomes low very fast. Before in 5 hours, only 10% of my battery consumed, now for 1 hour, already 10% had been consumed.

I uninstalled n9qt 9.7.8 because I thought that is the one that causing it, but NO, still there . Since I know how to reflash my phone, I reflashed it once, then put back again the musics and installed n9qt 9.5.9. And now I still have the problem. My phone gets hot and lags everytime i play my music, and consumes more battery. Other than that, if i leave my phone, it's normal.

Base on my story, does anyone can figure out what causes these? I don't wanna lose my n9. I really don't know what's really the cause of this! Please help! Thanks

I removed again my own album art cover photo of my music because I thought this is the one causing too. But nothing happens.

By the way, It started to overheat when I switched from offline mode to network mode. And I had already installed "theme changer"," N9QT 9.5.9" and OPPtimizer during offline mode 5 months back. Nothing strange happened in the past 5 months with this 3 application installed. I hope someone could help me.

I have a feeling that I damaged some chips on my N9 because of OPPtimizer when I switched it to mobile network from offline mode .

I hope there is still a chance on my n9.