Posts: 17 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Australia
Hi there, this is my third N9 replacement i got from Nokia Australia, 16 Gb Cyan. The old problem persists with this device that is noisy camera and video under mid/low light, youtube shows time error, and it gets hot with multitasking 3 - 5 applications. I have updated with PR 1.1 and the problem still exists. It gets even hotter when using 2.5g connection and multitasking more than 3 applications. Should I get a new replacement or this is what N9 really is?

Youtube time bug(Playing the Brave Trailer)
Time shows 32:04 for 2:05 min video :-

Last edited by butilities; 2011-11-18 at 11:32. Reason: add picture for youtube error

With 3-5 apps that's not good, unless they're all heavy on the cpu, and I can't think of 3-5 apps that need so much power. Is it really hot for instance like a computer or just warm?

Anyway, best peace of mind is to get a replacement since it may have a faulty hardware, which I suppose would be your 4th but just bad luck maybe?

I think Its warm, when just multitasking, but gets hot when multitasking with 2.5 g connection on.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
mines always been in a cover. Never noticed it getting hot! Mines from Denmark. Maybe this is a dodgy batch?

Mine in the cover too, but still feels its hotness at the back and on the glass as well. Bought it in Australia but made in China(written on the box and imei).

maybe you need to change the network mode or something, i had some similar issue before when my phone was in dual mode then i kept it at 3g mode it solved the issue of being too warm sometimes.

N9 64gb black

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
camera is apparently always noisy (possibly firmware), youtube is certainly firmware. I wouldn't change because of these.
The N9 getting warm is more puzzling.

Should it gets warm and hot or is it just mine?

I've never noticed any warmth except when it was charging.

Mine gets warm while charging as well.. 3 applications are facebook, messaging and playing cutetube downloaded video with wifi connection.. it gets warm.. anyone with this problem?

Last edited by butilities; 2011-11-19 at 10:14.