Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by mjtorn View Post
Got me thinking, how will the dictionary/autocomplete stuff work with this? Hopefully it's all just disabled, but any inside info?
at the moment, autocomplete is disabled when using tohkbd.But it shows the clipboard-line on screen. You can use shift-arrows to select, ctrl-c, ctrl-v to copypaste. or tap the clipboard icon to paste.

It might be possible to get autocomplete working, but then we need to register tohkbd as "language" or something to xt9 I did some experiments, but it was working "only sometimes".

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Autocomplete is dead, long live to phisical keyboards!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Lithuania
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Here is a spanish post with an english interview to dirkvl about TOHKBD and two more videos of others TOHs... http://www.jollaes.com/2015/03/mwc15-dia-2-other-half/
Say that you can use Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V on your phone and people go "WOW ". It's called 2015

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to paranoiac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Hey is that guy in the backround you kimmoli?
Are you really wearing that damn funny T-Shirt at the MWC?
Respect

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by paranoiac View Post
Say that you can use Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V on your phone and people go "WOW ". It's called 2015
I thought that was already possible in 2009 (Nokia N900). Where has the time been? I'll be so glad to FINALLY type propelry again. You see, it's not possible to type porperly on a onscreen keyboard. D*mnit! Pr0perly. Proper1y. Fffffuuuuuu....

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to robnas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
It might be possible to get autocomplete working, but then we need to register tohkbd as "language" or something to xt9 I did some experiments, but it was working "only sometimes".
Please let the autocomplete be completely disabled

I have a hunch the system learns new words, which is somewhat bad with colloquial Finnish, or when I don't bother changing the language when I text in Swedish. The only semi-valid use case I've found for it is in English, as its grammar is much better for autocompletion.

But when using a physical keyboard, imo all of that should be turned off.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mjtorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Okay, after a long and awesome MWC it is time to get back to work!

But first: some quotes:
"Good thing we didn't say to them we blinded copied the design, that guy was from Samsung!"
To a guy with an iphone 6 in his hands: "Wow, the new Samsung galaxy!"
at the Acer stand "would you guys like a demo" (of a mid-range android slab?) "ehhh, no thanks"
"Blackberry?? More like SamBerry!"
At the Samsung presentation: "Now onto accessories: we have amazing coloured and transparent protective casings!" (#trueinnovation)
"Or just engrave full fricking Hindi on your keyboard. Whatever!"
At any random other stand: "Wow, can you put that on my phone??"
"Excuse me sir, are you familiar with JollaOtherHalf concept? Its crazy"
On an actual stand: "Transform Ubiquitous Coverage into Reality!" <- ehhh What?!
"Every other phone is just a boring black slab with Android on it" - "Well, my Blackberry has a keyboard and yours don't" - "Ehhh *pulls out TOHKBD* SHABOOYA!"

What is going on now:

- Waiting on new batch of test-domesheets because of some small issues in first version

- The keypress on the current keypads is way too hard, while we want it to be perfect. So we will take an extra iteration step where the flexible membrane mold is drilled out to make the pins under the keys pressing the domes a bit (0.8mm) longer. This will put the keys under tension in default state -making the keypress lighter- and removes the squeezing of the flexible membrane around the domes what will also make it lighter and more consistent.

- Some small adjustments to the backlight led placements to make the light spread more even. No extra iteration needed, but in case you saw pics with the bright light in the middle: that will change.

- Instructions for DIY'ers and prototypes are still overdue because of MWC preparations. When all above is fixed this is next on the high-priority list.

The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Hey is that guy in the backround you kimmoli?
Are you really wearing that damn funny T-Shirt at the MWC?
Respect
Yes. i'm the guy who swallowed the moon...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
At least you have waited until it was full moon. I think if you would have swallowed a crescent moon that would look quite strange...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
I hope auto-complete would not be completely disabled and that it would be available just as a bottom row of the screen, and by pressing enter on the keyboard we can select the highlighted word, or tap the screen to select any other word.

This is useful if you need to write in a language which you do not know completely and even though you can get the grammar right, the spelling is quite a bit more complicated, such as French for many English-speaking learners.

Ideally, the autocomplete could be turned on or off in the settings to appease both those that don't find it helpful, and those that find it helpful.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd