Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Interesting piece of information for you guys. One of the guys on Adaia's team is Jan Wellmann. If any of you remember, he was the CEO of Riot Entertainment (the Finnish mobile games company that went bankrupt after 2 years back around 2002)
luckily for us he's not involved in jolla. That It's pretty obvious atm.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-28 at 17:59.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
since sailfish is a full dist, I assume there is no real problems installing this on my windows tablet like surface pro. What problems can we face(assumeing microsoft don't lock the pro down completly).

Someting importantant missing in mer when it comes to tablets? Or is it ready to go when jolla release their "mobile" version? what about applications and scaling? how does that working with mer/sailfish?
You need to provide hardware adaptation, that should be easy. Then, you need to pay to sign your boot loader/kernel by a trusted party (probably microsoft, that has accepted to do it for a reasonnable amount) so you can load it on hardware made for windows RT.

That's because "secure boot" (search for it) spec says the user must have the option to disable secure boot on x86 hardware (for windows 8 hardware), but the user must not have the option to disable it on Arm/Win RT hardware.
So, it's not really a locked bootloader, but it's not an open bootloader either.
Basically, an individual can't do it.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
It may be possible on Surface Pro, but not on RT - it is completely locked, like the WP devices.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I know about the boot loader and secure boot for pro even though i'm not sure how to disable it in real life. But this is not only the boot. Its also a question about what jolla mean when they say sailfish is a full distro. what will be included when it comes to different devices. desktops and screen sizes/types.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
I know about the boot loader and secure boot for pro even though i'm not sure how to disable it in real life. But this is not only the boot. Its also a question about what jolla mean when they say sailfish is a full distro. what will be included when it comes to different devices. desktops and screen sizes/types.
well, you still need to provide hardware adaptation. They are not going to provide drivers for all the Arm SoCs on earth.
The portability accross x86 devices doesn't exist in the ARM world.

Jolla's just open their Asia office. Anyone know the location? Is it HK. Same as sailfish cooperation...

I'm just downloading ubuntustudio to try it out. http://ubuntustudio.org/

The plan is to one week from now present a inofficiell jolla Commercial.(if anyone else is in for the race )

It's a fun competition and also intressting to try strange Linux dist.

Who is with me and/or who is against me?

Help jolla to create the best Commercial never ever...ever made before!

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-29 at 14:01.

I'm just downloading ubuntustudio to try it out. http://ubuntustudio.org/

The plan is to one week from now present a inofficiell jolla Commercial.(if anyone else is in for the race )

It's a fun competition and also intressting to try strange Linux dist.

Who is with me and/or who is against me?

Help jolla to create the best Commercial never ever...ever made before!
You don't necessarily need ubuntu studio. Ubuntu can do what ubuntu studio has.

Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
You don't necessarily need ubuntu studio. Ubuntu can do what ubuntu studio has.
True, anyone with ubuntu, windows or OSX. Joing the game!

Does that mean you are agianst me?

True, anyone with ubuntu, windows or OSX. Joing the game!

Does that mean you are agianst me?
Nope! I am with you with the commercial project. We just need ideas.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla