Notices

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi all!

I'm sorry to have been disappeared for quite a while. I've been out of town due to work and didn't have time to even read the thread.

I see a few bugs have been reported, and they will be taken care of, as well as feature requests.

Any kind of help is always welcome: bug reports, feature requests and, of course, patches!

I'll let you know on the next days on which feature/bugs I'm going to start working on as soon as possible.

Best regards!

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ArthurSA View Post
Hello,

I've made some searches, but I couldn't find how to know who, from a group, has received/read a given message.

Can someone teach me how to do it?

If this isn't implemented, please, consider the suggestion.

Regards,
ArthurSA

P.S.: if this isn't the place to post this sort of query, please direct me to the proper one. =]
Hi!

This is something that is not yet implemented but that will be done. Part of the infrastructure is already on the code, but there's still work to do. You can check this issue meanwhile.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

hello,
my yappari also randomly crashes frequently, log below

-------------
Setting chat window title
Window title set
createChatWindow(): finished
Autoscrolling
Bottom reached
OUTGOING:
<chatstate>
to=@s.whatsapp.net
<composing>
media=undefined
xmlns=http://jabber.org/protocol/chatstates

There was an IO error: Connection closed by server.
Connection closed.
Stopping timers.
Freeing up the connection.
Freeing up the socket.
Yappari will retry the connection in 10 seconds.
-----------

anyone else experiencing this lately?

Hi, guys!

I've been reading all requests you've made, the github issues and for now the most urgent thing seems to be the unexpected crash.

I'm going to spend most of my time on Yappari to solve this, though given that it seems a semirandom crash, it'll take time. Meanwhile, if I get bored or frustrated I'll be working on parallel on the group received and read notification features of the new protocol, and maybe some other minor fixes.

Please, if you have information about the crash, share it here. I'm interested in knowing exactly WHEN this happens (are you using Yappari, on a conversation, with an open but inactive window, when changing networks... etc). Any kind of info on this will be helpful.

Best regards!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Is anybody porting Yappari to Sailfish OS? I really hate the Android app...

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by ajack View Post
me too. Yappari is perfect. I prefer BlackBerry 10 version over Android because of its integration with Hub. and thanks Ceene for all the hard work and keeping Yappari alive.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajack View Post
I don't know much about Sailfish, but it shouldn't be too much work. The only device-specific code are some GUI parameters defining screen size, hildon notification code and dbus calls I believe.

A non complete version of Yappari could be done with not so much work, but I don't really know for sure. Maybe some one knows better

The Following User Says Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
I don't know much about Sailfish, but it shouldn't be too much work. The only device-specific code are some GUI parameters defining screen size, hildon notification code and dbus calls I believe.

A non complete version of Yappari could be done with not so much work, but I don't really know for sure. Maybe some one knows better
Unfortunately, SailfishOS not supporting QWidget, you need to make new UI with Silica QML components.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Is anyone willing to get this working on Jolla? I know coderus has experience on Sailfish OS as he just released a screen capture tool on Jolla a few days ago.

Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Hi, guys!

I've been reading all requests you've made, the github issues and for now the most urgent thing seems to be the unexpected crash.

I'm going to spend most of my time on Yappari to solve this, though given that it seems a semirandom crash, it'll take time. Meanwhile, if I get bored or frustrated I'll be working on parallel on the group received and read notification features of the new protocol, and maybe some other minor fixes.

Please, if you have information about the crash, share it here. I'm interested in knowing exactly WHEN this happens (are you using Yappari, on a conversation, with an open but inactive window, when changing networks... etc). Any kind of info on this will be helpful.

Best regards!
Most of the crashes happen while running in background... Last thing I notice after the crash is the status bar saying "Disconnected".

Anyway a couple of times yappari crashed while chat window was open.

Maybe the crash could be related to some network issue triggered by low cellular signal or sudden signal drop... at least I think...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari