Notices

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
adrenalin!!

*beep*

ok, we have activity, but are there any remaining cognitive functions?
(this is when people who know anything on this subject step in XD )

I'll also get a N900 asap and the idea of being able to control my PS3 with is really exciting !!

I'm looking forward to it ...

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
I'm waiting for more suggestions for buttons/controls for the PS3 profile

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I couldn't get the PS3 controller profile to work. Clicking on it did nothing.

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I couldn't get the PS3 controller profile to work. Clicking on it did nothing.
Isn't implemented in the maemo4 version yet. I'm not sure what features/buttons should it provide.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Isn't implemented in the maemo4 version yet. I'm not sure what features/buttons should it provide.
Is it implemented in the Maemo 5 version, which is the one I tried?

List of buttons that should be implemented include d-pad, start, select, square, X, circle, triangle, L1 and R1. Those are at least the main buttons with important features anyways.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Is it implemented in the Maemo 5 version, which is the one I tried?
The version in -devel is old and broken(was made before I get my hands in an N900 ), the connection methods are already improved, so should be easier to connect to an PS3, the code is already in place, need to decide about the graphics.

List of buttons that should be implemented include d-pad, start, select, square, X, circle, triangle, L1 and R1. Those are at least the main buttons with important features anyways.
Thanks. Does those fits most of the usage of a remote ? like control music/video ?

P.S -> I'll upload a alpha version this week to -devel, in order to get feedback about the connnection methods, since I don't have an PS3 or MAC to test it.

Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Thanks. Does those fits most of the usage of a remote ? like control music/video ?
Not really. Some have standard functions and others change depending on where you are on the PS3. Triangle is always a context menu. In most territories, X is confirm and O is Cancel, but in Japan, they are swapped.

I think what would be best is not to worry about the functions too much. Just allow the PS3's on-screen prompts tell the user what does what, much like it does already with a regular controller.

A layout like the below would be the most natural.

Code:
      L1                          R1
      Up                          /_\
Left      Right  Select  Start  [ ]  O
     Down                          X

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
What's also really important IMO is the Playstation Button... It is located right below "Select" and "start"

This button turns the playstation on and trigger the menu where you can exit application or close the playstation.

This should really be in there if that's possible, it would be a shame not to be able to switch the PS3 on with the N900

Originally Posted by qhorse View Post
What's also really important IMO is the Playstation Button... It is located right below "Select" and "start"

This button turns the playstation on and trigger the menu where you can exit application or close the playstation.

This should really be in there if that's possible, it would be a shame not to be able to switch the PS3 on with the N900
Humm, can you do that with a Bluetooth keyboard ?

Tags
bluemaemo, ps3