Active Topics

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
I opened libflashplayer.so in a hex editor and replaced all instances of the version info with false numbers. Vimeo and Hulu still don't work though.
Well i'm trying to do that too, but when i try to overwrite the file i get access denied.

Originally Posted by olympus View Post
Well i'm trying to do that too, but when i try to overwrite the file i get access denied.
This is modified to be version 11.1: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6966783/libflashplayer.so

Close Firefox, open terminal on phone:
Code:
wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6966783/libflashplayer.so
devel-su
<rootme>
mv /opt/adobe-flashplayer/libflashplayer.so /opt/adobe-flashplayer/libflashplayer.so.bak
cp /home/user/libflashplayer.so  /opt/adobe-flashplayer/
Open Firefox. Should work. Not responsible for any bad results though

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to legoman666 For This Useful Post:
Thanks, it works. Unfortunately, this doesn't solve a thing, all stays the same, most of the streams/videos won't play. Instead of the upgrade your flash player i get black screen with no sound. No fb videos, etc.

TweakFlashVer for the N9 for the win!
Are we there yet!?

Originally Posted by latency View Post
TweakFlashVer for the N9 for the win!
Are we there yet!?
I just wrote, there's no need for tweaking flash version because the flash content won't work either way.

I just wrote, there's no need for tweaking flash version because the flash content won't work either way.
In TweakFlashVer, certain sites thought I was running a desktop version of Flash, is this the same case that you tried? With different versions to choose from when I used it on the n900, I was able to change from desktop to mobile versions for different optimized content. This is one of the reasons TweakFlashVer was great, the ability to choose from multiple versions to trick sites into mobile or desktop...

Hopefully the original dev can do this for us...

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Somebody already stated in a different thread that comedy central sites like the daily show and colbertnation will work if you tweak the flash version and set the FF add on phony for user agent desktop.

Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Somebody already stated in a different thread that comedy central sites like the daily show and colbertnation will work if you tweak the flash version and set the FF add on phony for user agent desktop.
I will try to contact the original dev for this tomorrow, at this point, TweakFlashVer is the best way to optimize Flash for us.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemomd For This Useful Post:
Oh I didn't know what you meant by that actually. Please explain and I will listen. Do you mean that TweakFlashVer won't do any difference at all based on the result of your manual flash tweak test? Did your experiment cover all the things that TweakFlashVer could do?

I might be way off here, but I have a feeling that some sites that require a higher version of flash will work when using TweakFlashVer and some won't despite using it. It all probably depends on what kind of flash object a specific site use. Sometimes all that is needed is to trick it to think it's a higher version than what we're using and sometimes it actually requires something that a higher version only offers (and in those situations it won't work). From what I've read version 10 and 11 are pretty similar so many times I think it will be enough to trick the site to think we're using version 11.

Last edited by latency; 2012-03-11 at 18:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by latency View Post
Oh I didn't know what you meant by that actually. Please explain and I will listen. Do you mean that TweakFlashVer won't do any difference at all based on the result of your manual flash tweak test? Did your experiment cover all the things that TweakFlashVer could do?

I might be way off here, but I have a feeling that some sites that require a higher version of flash will work when using TweakFlashVer and some won't despite using it. It all probably depends on what kind of flash object a specific site use. Sometimes all that is needed is to trick it to think it's a higher version than what we're using and sometimes it actually requires something that a higher version only offers (and in those situations it won't work). From what I've read version 10 and 11 are pretty similar so many times I think it will be enough to trick the site to think we're using version 11.
+1 In my experience with TweakFlashVer for the n900, most of the sites were still using a very low version of Flash for their own development on the site, but they had only upgraded their certs to the latest. I was able to utilize Flash on so many sites due to this. Gerbik mentioned in another thread that Version 11 of Flash is used more for 3d type environments, and only a handful of sites actually dev for that. Will get in contact with original dev for port of TweakFlashVer for the N9.