Mugen battery for jolla will be welcomed

The Following User Says Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
yes i also want a mugen power jolla battery

The Following User Says Thank You to smatkovi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
i read here that its hardware is similar to sgs4 http://www.jollausers.com/2013/10/talktime/ so i thought maybe the battery is the same, but i saw on mugen power that it's only almost the same, it has almost the same shape, but the jolla battery has 3 instead of 4 pins...

Originally Posted by smatkovi View Post
i read here that its hardware is similar to sgs4 http://www.jollausers.com/2013/10/talktime/ so i thought maybe the battery is the same, but i saw on mugen power that it's only almost the same, it has almost the same shape, but the jolla battery has 3 instead of 4 pins...
The battery has exactly the same width and height as SGS3 but is slightly thinner, and has 3 contacts (I guess the fourth contact on the SGS3 is for NFC), which are closer to the edge on the Jolla than on the SGS3.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jameson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK
In the meantime the life of Lithium batteries is greatly extended by not letting then deeply discharge or get overly warm or cold.

Even in storage out of a device the internal safety circuit draws current to monitor the battery voltage which causes self discharge and if the voltage drops below the safe point then for safety the battery is terminated and cannot be recharged. So just don't leave them lying around or in devices, which nowadays do not seem to have a physical on/off switch so always draw current, and recharge them at least two or three times a year if they are not in a daily use cycle.

That Jolla has a user replaceable battery is a brilliant Unique Selling Point and a great feature for those who like to visit remote places.

Also remove the battery and neither the MNO or state security will know where you are until you repower your phone

Richard

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richardski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Actually L-ion batteries should be charged at least every 3 months, I have an LED torch that the instructions say to charge whenever not in use.

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
Actually L-ion batteries should be charged at least every 3 months, I have an LED torch that the instructions say to charge whenever not in use.
Setting a 3 month reminder in the Calendar for recharging Lithium batteries would be good. Max life is obtained if residual discharge capacity does not go below 75 to 80%.

Richard

The Following User Says Thank You to richardski For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I damaged my battery. I was just to supid to put the battery in a right way into the phone. The strip of plastic where the contacts are broke.

I tried to get a spare battery via Jolla Support.

They replied that It is not possible to buy one. I have to
send the phone now to Jolla via a "out of warranty repair" to get
a new battery

hope they will change this policy soon.

iggy...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iggy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by iggy View Post

They replied that It is not possible to buy one. I have to
send the phone now to Jolla via a "out of warranty repair" to get
a new battery

iggy...
That's ridiculous I can't understand why they don't offer spare batteries. Sending the whole device in because of a broken battery is miserably wrong

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
That's ridiculous I can't understand why they don't offer spare batteries. Sending the whole device in because of a broken battery is miserably wrong
Especially for a phone which is advertised as having a user-replacable battery.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Casanunda For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, jolla, jolla phone