Notices

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
Thinking about doing the 2x3W amp and putting it in an enclosure that will be a little outdoor friendly for those camping trips. Still deciding on a power source though.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
well anything within 3v - 5v, like USB, but i would recommend LiPo/Li-ion battery's if you want to take it on the road.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Heya Frost.

I was wondering if perhaps you could do something like this but with more of a budget on hand if possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&h...&v=CqPntijMrbU

What's your thoughts on this?

Cheers.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Heya Frost.

I was wondering if perhaps you could do something like this but with more of a budget on hand if possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&h...&v=CqPntijMrbU

What's your thoughts on this?

Cheers.
HeHe done that before both with phones, PC/TV lcd's (panel only and high powered lights)

But if your thinking about N900/N9 the best way to this is to offer up a device and get more light behind the screen, this way it will allow you to project you device up to over 100" "screen"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Do you still have them around, and if you do, mind sharing some pictures with us?

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Do you still have them around, and if you do, mind sharing some pictures with us?
Sorry no, that was along time ago, think about 7 years, i unfortunately don't save all my projects... if i did i would have a barn full of speaker sets that i have made in my time...

But the basics of what you can do if you have a device/laptop/netbook to offer is to youtube some DIY projector to get the idea of how to build it.

The video you link to is a quick fun project to do, but you won't get much light, you won't be able to make a big picture, cause this needs more light.

But a conversion with some high powered LEDs can yield a very good "little" projector that can actually be used.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
What about an old GBA lite, GBA with Afterburner installed on it or a GBA micro?

Like what kind of LED power or light do you need behind the screen?

Having a modded GBA that could play on a 100" background would be awesome.

Sorry if I'm slightly derailing your topic here.

By the way, have you ever thought of something like this?

http://youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en...&v=8eFvo6HqpK4

No electronics needed.

Well everything with an LCD can be modded to a projector, and LED?, well any kind of power LED will do, or you can use 5mm (high power LED's) what matters here is getting a LED that is close to NEUTRAL White in it's emitting color, if you ever played around with LED's you will be familiar with the "normal" blueish color or the warm white, what you want is whats in between those, you can mix 50/50 but that's only good for general lightning, will look terrible used as a backlight for a projected LCD.

But get LED's that is in the 4000-5000K "color" range, and Power wise?, well the iPhone in the demo video has about 0.5W in LED backlight, so anything from 1-20W will make a very good projector when using LCD's that are less then 5" big, back when i made my DIY projector i used a 15" LCD Monitor, and that was when LED's where really expensive so i opted to use 2x 30W CFL in some headlamp reflectors i got from an old scraped Semi-Truck

And for the "tube" amp, yes it works but i would rather have some great AMP, and great SPEAKERS, to get some quality stereo sound.
Remember back when the first record players came, they used the same tube/horn amplification, back then not many power amplifiers have been made/invented + power was scares so it was better to have a wind up player.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Addison, actually, doing DIY hi-res projector is one thing I always promise myself to do. Basically, for good-quality leds, there are 2 alternatives - either matrix of high-powered diodes behind light-difusing mat (thin one), or, for more power, a true reflector and optics, that collect passing light and transmit it in parallel to screen.

Normally, best thing You can scavenge for DIY projector screen, is small computer monitor of high resolution - thanks to it, You already have DVI (HDMI)/VGA input, and adding S-Video/composite is a matter of 20$ converter.

There is also 3th way - very interesting, although, giving only moderate results:

http://www.inventgeek.com/Projects/H.../Overview.aspx

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
hottex can't reply to you PM since you don't have 5 or 10 posts or whatever is needed.
Don't know how you can PM me then?

Tags
audio, docking station