Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
after the blue on our n900 lens cover affecting our photos, here is my hypothesis...

the color of hardware near the camera unit will have an effect on image quality.

i know symbian doesnt belong here, but we have covered a lot of photography concepts here, and am wondering what anodized color N8 will produce the best photos.i hope for an interesting discussion.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
Black is Black.

Blue obviously, you get the photons faster.

In reality, the problem was with the fact that there was a blue layer in the cover, along with a chromed band around everything and recessed lights.

This is a design flaw that, hopefully, was addressed in the N8's design for the camera window. So color shouldn't really matter.

Last edited by wmarone; 2010-10-09 at 02:07.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
white/silver. Actually IIRC someone went so far that said black color to affect noise of pics because it gets whole device hotter in sun

N900 camera lens cover blue bevel is right there where it should not be.N8 doesnt even have lens cover so no problem in there.

White....

Canon did a whole scientific experiment to back this up.
The cooler the device, the less noise, and the truer the colours.
In fact Canon has a patent (pending/active/expired?) for this and they use it in their DSLR/lens advertisement.
And it actually makes a slight difference, let's say, when photographing Rally Races in the scorching Dakar, the lens is fine but internal chip's cannot work at their optimal.

But if the lens cover is lets say "blue hue", it won't really matter which colour you get, they will still be using the same lens cover and you will get filtration of light in the blue spectrum.

But remember these are small differences in way-out-there examples, whatever colour you choose with the N8 should be great (except Apple green its hideous)

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
which color color goes the fastest?

Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
Yellow with black dots

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
White....

Canon did a whole scientific experiment to back this up.
The cooler the device, the less noise, and the truer the colours.
In fact Canon has a patent (pending/active/expired?) for this and they use it in their DSLR/lens advertisement.
And it actually makes a slight difference, let's say, when photographing Rally Races in the scorching Dakar, the lens is fine but internal chip's cannot work at their optimal.

But if the lens cover is lets say "blue hue", it won't really matter which colour you get, they will still be using the same lens cover and you will get filtration of light in the blue spectrum.

But remember these are small differences in way-out-there examples, whatever colour you choose with the N8 should be great (except Apple green its hideous)
wow, awesome!!!

there isnt any type of lens cover on the N8, so no n900-esque problem there...

if they had an ano white n8 id probably pick that one...but as slender mentioned, silver would be the option, although that is my least favorite, dangit! i would take apple green over silver...

so as the whole device gets hotter, the chip processing the images is adversely affected... im really looking for a seemingly far fetched story about light bouncing off the different textured anodized finish, thus disturbing the photo :P

Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
after the blue on our n900 lens cover affecting our photos, here is my hypothesis...
Filt pen is all you need. No more blue.

Originally Posted by bsving View Post
originally posted by quipper8
yellow with black dots
lol :d.....