Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
wow I would love dualbooting maemo5 and symbian^3...

shame I can barely Create New Folder in Windows and I dont have a computer, or Id try to do it myself.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
I would love to see an emulator or have the option of running it seperately via dual boot option. I have loads of apps, some which I still use on my old N73 such as TomTom with speed cameras, voice recorders, call/sms blockers etc.
Is anyone thinking or currently working on this idea of an emulator or dualboot option? It would be good to do so as it can cater for many apps that others have been requesting or hoping for but doubt they will ever get done.

I doubt this thread will ever come true... Well you see symbian was opened a long time ago and nobody bothered to port it on n900. Now that most of the sources and stuff were closed down(not totally) again how much chances that this would ever happen?

It won't, but that doesn't mean we can't dream.

Awwwww yeah, small text. And nobody hate cause I have a place for Symbian, Maemo's great too, but give me an N79 with AWS 3G bands and I'm jumpin ship!

The Following User Says Thank You to mattbutsko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mattbutsko View Post
It won't, but that doesn't mean we can't dream.

Awwwww yeah, small text. And nobody hate cause I have a place for Symbian, Maemo's great too, but give me an N79 with AWS 3G bands and I'm jumpin ship!
Yeah but this ain't a dream this is reality

+3 for the small text

The Following User Says Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I donmt inderstand all the hate towards Symbian... (looking at the tags).. As if Symbian has hurt somebody emotionally and/or physically! Anyways, would be awesome if this becomes true!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
lets just focus on meego 1.2 on the n900 now, no time for symbian :P

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
Symbian^4 would be more awesome for n900's boot options. with it's completely new UX and all.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by shockgiga View Post
Symbian^4 would be more awesome for n900's boot options. with it's completely new UX and all.
Yea! but there won't be any Symbian^4 as Symbian^3 will just get incremental updates and upgrades, so your whole comment is void

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
on the contrary. you should look deeper into your symbian news sources.
blogs only briefly said not to think of symbian^4 "anymore" coz the transition will be "seamless through updates".
symbian^4 actually does exist. it will only retain the symbian name, will be totally different (total rewrite),will not be using AVKON as its base and is more intended on nokia's Q4 handsets running dual core chips.

the updates you were referring to goes as follows:

PR2.0: February 15th (during MWC) – The 50+ Major Update pack.

PR3.0: Summer. PR 3.0 is when Symbian UI completely changes to what was expected to be Symbian^4. This time last year it appeared that Symbian^3 handsets would not be able to update to Symbian^4 but what with the changes, Symbian^3 handset users are now going to receive ALL updates as and when they’re ready.

Originally Posted by efekt View Post
Yea! but there won't be any Symbian^4 as Symbian^3 will just get incremental updates and upgrades, so your whole comment is void

Last edited by shockgiga; 2011-01-30 at 22:28. Reason: more added info

Tags
good thread, i have a dream, more like a, nightmare, road to nowhere, symbian, symbian^3