Or, the app icon's color itself changes when the app is active or not..
L32606: it will be support in the next version...

Another suggestion is an option in the settings to automatically start upon power-up or phone restart.
L32606: yes. it's start up automatically, and if you want to disable the block function, just switch to permit all profile, but the daemo will not exit so far...

The Following User Says Thank You to l32606 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
suggestion: to be able to activate some discreet notification on the lock/feeds/homescreen that some filtered calls/sms exist... let's say sligthly different colored dots in digital clock on the lock screen, and tiny icon on the status tray bar when on feeds/homescreen...
That's a such good feature...and I'll try to do that.

But AFAIK,it's almost impossilbe to show some 3th-party thing on the status tray. Because system-ui does not allow the non-native(from nokia) plugins. I ever tried to do that before and the only result it reboot looped, so sad, bad design...

Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
china mobile carrier network? are you working in china? or are you a chinese?

you speak chinese?

L32606: I understand you mean It's a screen action that can make a call forwarding to another number? I am afraid that maybe it have to be charged for it by operator...at least in my country...
This is actually one feature that I enjoy a lot in my Symbian phone using an app.

In my country, or at least the network I'm subscribed to, there's no charge for call forwarding. And the good thing about me forwarding calls to another number is that I can 'fool' the caller that the number he's trying to call 'Is not yet in service' or 'has been disconnected'

Because I forward my number to my disconnected numbers and it gives them (Spammer) an impression that they are calling a ' non-working' number instead of a busy tone

This also gives me an option to forward calls to my voicemail number which is different from my mobile number. I hope you reconsider...

L32606: actually I made the slash pic what you have seen is for art reason, maybe I'm wrong...
Yeah I know, but it does not fit in the screen actually or is it by design?

L32606: same with me. I think the incoming call does not carry the area code by network operator, but SMS does. I am not a expert on mobile communication techinical but if it is very important, maybe I can hack that...
Ah! Must be by design... Not really up there in my priority list - as long as it does not affect the function of the app.

L32606: I confused, But I'm so clear that you want a sound or notification or not, if a call is blocked for matching a contact from blacklist.
Personally, I don't want any notification at all - an icon, and definitely never a sound, because it defeats the purpose of this app. Me knowing that the app is running in the background gives me enough reason to check the logs - in case I was supposed to get an SMS or call.

Last edited by BlinkThinks; 2012-03-08 at 15:37.

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Wow, sounds good. Add in the proactive IP firewall function (Firewall IP on iOS style) and I'll pay 35 USD for this 4ppzlication.
/sbin/iptables + NF
The stateful firewall better than iOS or ASA, IMO..

The Following User Says Thank You to l32606 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PhatApteryx View Post
Yep, i've bought it - looks excellent... Very slick integration with call & message logs. There are some other things i would like it to do but will give the developer feedback directly for that.
Thank you, PhatApteryx!
please feel free to feedback, and any advice is appreciated.

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
Originally Posted by l32606 View Post
L32606: I confused, But I'm so clear that you want a sound or notification or not, if a call is blocked for matching a contact from blacklist.
maybe I put it wrong... it's the old "bug" with these kind of apps...

here is how it manifests:

1. number ABC blacklisted
2. call from number ABC
3. caller ABC have busy tone immediately (that's perfect, of course)
4. my phone rings, and I can see the notification of a incoming call from ABC on my screen - it lasts just for an instance... one time it' just for few tenths of a second, next time it's for second and a half, and then Your app blocks it - ringing sound goes off, screen goes black, and call is regularly noted in the Firewall+ Pro log, with no notification at all on any of my screens, as it should be... it's just that for some short period it does ring like the number ABC is not on the black list...

I repeat it's the old problem... ok, caller getting waiting tone for a few moments was the old problem too, and You solved it very efficiently, hope that You'll be able to sort this one too - keep up the good work - it's pleasure to pay for the software so useful and good...

[tw] @kegnatz

Last edited by Zelig; 2012-03-08 at 16:57.

Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
Ah, I see your point If ever there's an option for the notification, I hope it can be toggled on or off as well.

You mean the app starts by default once it's openned? How do we turn this off?
We've got the answers for this

Now wondering how much power this app consumes... I started a subjective test. Fully charged the phone an hour and 36 mins to go. This app open, as well as, 2 SIP accounts, Twitter, FB, GTalk and Skype. Utilizing WiFi network in the same area.

So far 96% Battery life

No work for me tomorrow so I can tinker this app over the weekend
measuring with the Battery Usage app I don't see any change in idle consumption... started htop to see how many CPU & MEM % it uses but it's nowhere near the top - practically 0% - great

[OFF-TOPIC] When I get the banner, "Either no products have been defined to enter bugs against or you have not been given access to any", does it mean I've been banned from submitting a BUG in Bugzilla?!? I tried to post a bug/feature request (not related to this) and I cant.. bummer [/OFF-TOPIC]
well, You haven't heared it, obviously - Nokia decided to shut bugzilla for MeeGo down... bugs already filed would be taken in mind working on PR1.3, but it seems that it would be the end of the official support for Nokia N9...

[tw] @kegnatz

Originally Posted by l32606 View Post
That's a such good feature...and I'll try to do that.

But AFAIK,it's almost impossilbe to show some 3th-party thing on the status tray. Because system-ui does not allow the non-native(from nokia) plugins. I ever tried to do that before and the only result it reboot looped, so sad, bad design...
maybe Inception will make this easier to achieve in the future...

well, then maybe use some pixels on the side of the feeds/homescreen... just few of them, discretely... or app icon to get some badge or change colour... but that would mean that we would have to go to the app folder and then to scroll to the very icon - a bit unpractical... my vote goes for colon of the time format (":") to slightly change the colour after something has been filtered, and discretely change few pixels on the left side of the feeds/homescreen...

[tw] @kegnatz

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
well, You haven't heared it, obviously - Nokia decided to shut bugzilla for MeeGo down...
bugs already filed would be taken in mind working on PR1.3, but it seems that it would be the end of the official support for Nokia N9...
No he realized shortly after that post in another thread
They didn't say it's shut down indefinitely...
And there's probably enough bug reports & enhancement request to go way beyond PR1.3.
(especially given how small the team is now)
So I guess they've decided no noise is better from this point onwards.
Doesn't mean there won't be anything beyond PR1.3, but it certainly isn't a +ve step overall.
Anyway this is all off-topic, apologies....