Active Topics

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
Hey,

I did read almost all the posts on this topic and I still don't have a clear answer: how to make a usb mouse cursor display everywhere?
I have a Usbmouse package installed that displays the cursor in the browser, yet it disappears as soon as the cursor goes outside the window. Is there a package available somewhere to fix this, or do I have to tweak it myself. If so, are there any CLEAR AND DETAILED instructions available... because by reading the posts, northing's clear!

Note: I have a n800, OS2008, USB host mode enabled.

Thank you

Ilia

The Following User Says Thank You to iliaden For This Useful Post:
No. No-one has gotten that entirely working yet; it would require modification and recompilation of much of the system.

But K works fine, and many ported apps work fine, it's just a few apps and (most noticably) the window manager and friends. So it doesn't bother me that much.,

Last edited by Benson; 2008-04-06 at 05:26.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
my question was mostly about maemo, not KDE. I'll install K eventually... until then, I was trying to make maemo more user-friendly

Thank you.

Ilia

There's a mouse polling program that works [search for mousepolling.]

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
The mouse polling program is part of the USB Mouse package that we made up.

In terms of getting it to work everywhere in Matchbox/"Maemo" (everyday I learn that there's a different part of OS 2008 that's responsible for actually displaying the windows/etc), if you read the Wiki page it describes it all for you:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi..._and_USB_mouse

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post: