Notices

Last night I did hard reset N900 by flashing vanela eMMC follow by latest firmware then installed dropN900. This time Ui started without sudo..python2.5. Only can not sign in even I tried for almost 20 times. I decided to restart N900 then it worked at first signing in !!!.

Thanks for all advise anyway.

I have Black Plastic Pleego theme and folder names on DropN900 main window is unreadable (it seems that folders do not have names at all).
I can get the folder name only on bottom when I select the folder but not on the folder itself.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Tampere, Finland
I just noted this app today. It is a wonderfull idea - if it only worked... From many of the previous messages I get the feeling that the PR 1.3 has messed things up big time. Progress is such a fine thing...

So instead of complaining (I guess all the problems that I run into are known already) I wish good luck and energy to "fixing" and further developing this app, which I'm sure will have many imaginative uses and will benefit many users in the future!

Originally Posted by nux View Post
I have Black Plastic Pleego theme and folder names on DropN900 main window is unreadable (it seems that folders do not have names at all).
I can get the folder name only on bottom when I select the folder but not on the folder itself.
If it's like mine, the column is too narrow. You can make it wider by dragging the column divider (very hard to see) at the top of the screen.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to filbert For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by filbert View Post
If it's like mine, the column is too narrow. You can make it wider by dragging the column divider (very hard to see) at the top of the screen.
I had the same problem and this fixed it. Thanks!

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
dropn900-0.1.8-1 now available as a download/update!
  • Sync upload/publish N900 camera folder content to dropbox path /N900Media/Photos and /N900Media/Videos
  • -> Confirmation options to sync both videos and photos or just photos or videos.
  • -> .mp4 files are sorted to videos, everything else goes to photos. Subfolders in /home/user/MyDocs/DCIM are ignored.
  • -> Will ask to create n900 media folders if not present. Hard coded to /N900Media/Photos and /N900Media/Videos paths so if you dont accept you cant use this feature.
  • Fixed treeview column resizing bugs. Now auto resizes to content width every time treeview content changes.
  • Fixed line edits being black with black text, now white bg with black text as normal.
  • Made right side buttons a bit smaller with a bit smaller text, more space for horizontally long treeview item names.
  • Some style changes to make things looks normal again after PR 1.3
  • NOTE: Settings Sync Path selection button paint bug is known. Most likely wont show anything so you have trust what you insert in the popup when you press it. I guess QMaemo5ValueButton got twisted in PR 1.3, custom style sheets does not seem to do anything for this subclass of QPushButton.

As promised the camera photos/videos publish feature is in! I wrote most of the code in air plane while traveling from Dublin MeeGo conference back to Finland and finished it out now. Also fixed some very annoying bugs. Most notable for end users is the text entrys not having black on black anymore and now there is nice auto resize for the colums in the main treeview, all text should always be visible now!

Please provide feedback I tested the camera publish feature with about 90 of my 360 images then I stopped the upload. No problems at least them. Let me know what you think of it!

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-11-23 at 02:23.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jonnenau For This Useful Post:
i have a feature request. can u add the "public link" option to this client?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
I've tested it, and ahhhhh, it works perfectly!

My next request: a daemon that automatically syncs media when connected to wifi, or every x days :P

Thanks again!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kieron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by lifenexus View Post
i have a feature request. can u add the "public link" option to this client?
This is already a feature. In the main treeview when you travel under "/Public" and select a file that is under public, you will get two extra buttons on the right: one to copy public link and one to open the public link with the systems default browser.

The Following User Says Thank You to jonnenau For This Useful Post: