Posts: 54 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Oulu, Finland
I friend of mine has just flashed his 810 with the new OS upgrade yesterday. It maybe causing his applets to disappear as its the second time in 2 days now apparently. He has to reactivate them from the applet menu again.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
What it sounds like is a hildon-desktop crash, which can be caused by a variety of things, though the most likely candidate is a misbehaving applet.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
This happen with OMWeather each time I try to access the "settings" of the applet.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I have the same omweather problem on my updated N800.

Aye! OMWeather will cause the desktop to crash. I had to disable it for the time being. Also it seems some of Khertan's "Home" applets may be a bit touchy too as one of them caused my 810 to basically freeze due to a memory leak/cpu usage thing (it was responding too damn slow to even open an app and find out)

Its either HomeCPUSpeed, Home Memory, or HomeWifi. HomeIP seems to be running fine, but with those three on my system all but froze (Had to hard power down).
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Oulu, Finland
i know he has the weather applet for sure. not sure about the others mentioned though. i'll let him know about it. thanks for the advice.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by leke View Post
i know he has the weather applet for sure. not sure about the others mentioned though. i'll let him know about it. thanks for the advice.
OMWeather will crash the desktop even if settings are not touched. Any attempt to redraw OMWeather's graphic will cause it to crash.

So if his tablet is sitting there minding it's own dang bidness and OMW gets an updated forecast... BAM, applets gone and icons reset to default.

>> http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...349#post195349