Active Topics

Hi,

Some days ago I dropped my N9 and suddenly the display became blue, ot at least nearly. There are aternating horizontal 1px lines of the actual OS and the color blue. The phone is still usable though. I was able to call it, but can't see any numbers on the screen to call back. Anyway, I could talk over the phone. Now I want to find out what I can do to fix the display (if it is the the source).

When booting up, the phone screen shows the nokia logo and the rotating circle, it starts normaly, but always with this blue overlay stripes. At some point during the boot process the screen flashes, but then continues with stable blue stripes again. After a minute or so after having started, the screen starts flashing again. It seems to me if this flashing is the stand by mode. Because double tapping brings back the barely visible clock and I can use everything else, too. Always bareley visible due to the blue screen.

Do you have any idea what the problem is and who I could fix it? The touch screen is apparently working. So can it be the screen?

Thanks,
mtg

The Following User Says Thank You to mind_the_gap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
It's either LCD display, or its connection to everything else...

Bumping the thread...

Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Thanks! After tinkering around with it a bit more, I still was not able to get it back to normal. I'll order a replacement screen and see if this fixes the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to mind_the_gap For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Thanks! After tinkering around with it a bit more, I still was not able to get it back to normal. I'll order a replacement screen and see if this fixes the problem.
Hey let me know where did you order replacement screen and how much did cost you as I need to get one soon

Tags
broken display, nokia n9