Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
I'm currently getting a Sync Fail (Conboy, n810) . I'm able to sync fine to U1 from my computer and Tomboy.

Error message:
json_get_note_list() returned NULL

I'm assuming this must be some sort of Ubuntu One error? Conboy hasn't been modified, new notes won't sync though. I've tried to re-authorize and it does change anything.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
I'm currently getting a Sync Fail (Conboy, n810) . I'm able to sync fine to U1 from my computer and Tomboy.

Error message:
json_get_note_list() returned NULL

I'm assuming this must be some sort of Ubuntu One error? Conboy hasn't been modified, new notes won't sync though. I've tried to re-authorize and it does change anything.
Hmm, it's working on my N900 and I don't have my N810 with me at the moment. Will be about a week until I can try it on the N810....

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Ok. Thanks for looking into it when you can. I'll keep trying in case its a temporary problem that works itself out.

@Conny, yesterday I installed Conboy from extras-devel. Does this version solve bug 8301 (Note partly disappears)? I have had too many notes corrupted/cut short without knowing why it happened. So I stopped using conboy. However, I like the app and want to use it again, but can only really do so if it is solved.

Can you let me know what the state of that is in the extras-devel version?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by bheetebrij View Post
Can you let me know what the state of that is in the extras-devel version?
I've put a lot of work into this lately. Unfortunately, there is still a small chance that it can happen. However, the good thing is, that a corruption is now detected and a corrupt note is not saved. Also there will be a notification about this situation, so in practice you should loose only a maximum of 5 seconds of your work.

I know, it's still not ideal, but it would be great, if you could give it another try. It should be much better now and I'm really interested in feedback

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by conny View Post
I've put a lot of work into this lately.

I know, it's still not ideal, but it would be great, if you could give it another try. It should be much better now and I'm really interested in feedback
The work you put in is present in version 0.6.3.6 then? If so, you can count on me trying this again. It is a very good piece of software and I like the idea of (eventually) being able to sync it to the cloud.

Thanks for the hard work!

The Following User Says Thank You to bheetebrij For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bheetebrij View Post
The work you put in is present in version 0.6.3.6 then?
Ah good question It looks like some of the stuff is in there. I should have more in my local version which I couldn't upload to the autobuilder recently because of the PR 1.2 mess.

I heard it should work so I'll sit down right now and upload a new version. Hope it'll work...

Ok, 0.6.3.7 is there. Autobuilder stuff is working again. Yea

I finally managed to released Conboy version 0.6.3 which is the first stable release of the 0.6.x series. It is available in the extras repository for N800, N810 and N900. Here's a list of the changes since the last stable release.
  • New single window user interface
  • Improved portrait mode
  • Fullscreen mode on N900
  • Automatic rotation to portrait mode is configurable
  • Automatic linking to various urls (web addresses, email addresses, etc.)
  • Support for plugins
  • Many new translations

This release was over due for a very long time. Originally I wanted to release it even before the Maemo Summit 2009. But because of various reasons I had to delay it again and again and again.

Now finally it's out! And it's time to say Thank You!!!

Thanks to Nokia for giving me access to a N900 prototype and for inviting me to Amsterdam and Barcelona. This has helped a lot and provided some big extra motivation.

Thanks to this awesome community for providing artwork, translations, feedback, bug reports, discussion and of course loads of help with technical problems! You guys rock

I hope I've not introduced too many new bugs. But just in case - please report them here.

Last but not least, markusm just contacted me that a first version of the Conboy website is ready. It still needs some content, but it's already looking great. Thanks for that Markus! BTW, is there someone who would like to do a screen cast for the website?

The packages are promoted and should hit extras within the hour - Have fun
hey got a honest question. is this different from the note taking app in the n900? if so how? thx in advance for answers from folks who knowboth apps

Ok, 0.6.3.7 is there. Autobuilder stuff is working again. Yea
Argg, forgot to disable some debug code. 0.6.3.8 is there to fix this