Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by derhorst View Post
Unfortunately, I can't see the update. Neither the Application Manager, nor apt-get update finds it
Do you have the extras-devel repo enabled?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Do you have the extras-devel repo enabled?
*facepalm* I forgot to enable it after I reflashed, thanks!

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
derhorst, please check that Extras-devel is enabled, 'apt-get update' runs without errors on extras-devel and please post the output of 'apt-cache policy telescope'

Originally Posted by Alister
Next project for you: the compiz cube. Joking, of course (as always).
lol, sure, as soon as stable opengl drivers are available

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
lol, sure, as soon as stable opengl drivers are available
I remember an old thread somewhere here... somebody linked a screenshot of glxgears running at 10 fps...

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Yep, drivers are somtimes working after you reflash your tablet, rewrite init scripts, boot only with USB inserted, only without SD-cards, dance around it with tambourine and mutter the right magic words. I find it little inconvient for everyday use

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Hey, i'm pretty new to all this but i downloaded telescope, i'm just wondering though how do you actually activate it? Thanks

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by triple_d View Post
Hey, i'm pretty new to all this but i downloaded telescope, i'm just wondering though how do you actually activate it? Thanks
Press the application switch hardware key (upper key on the left side on an N810).
That brings up the screen with windows of all active applications.
Here either click on a window (either by tapping on it...or by sing the same application switch button to cycle to the one you want..and then click the hardware button at the bottom-left of your N810 device to select it).
To go to the desktop just click on any space where there is no window.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-05-19 at 01:02.

thanks, appreciate that. how do you change the background though, my desktop background is different from the telescope background.

thanks, appreciate that. how do you change the background though, my desktop background is different from the telescope background.
That I don't know / don't remember.
Maybe try a reboot and see if that fixes things - if not I'll leave this one to someone in the know - Mitrandir (the creator of this application) might still be busy moving but should be checking in sooner or later I'm sure

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hit the hardware app button on your N8x0.

Tags
diablo, maemo4, n800, n810, telescope