Active Topics

Notices

does anyone know where I can set which folder the recorded files are stored?

Last edited by chemist; 2010-04-28 at 14:32.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
What are "recorded files", and what exactly is this question about? A specific application?

I'm guessing recaller voice recorder. If so file folder is hardcoded.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bracknell, UK
./usr/lib/hildon-desktop/reaceller.py
The above file has the folder name hardcoded as finalname = "/home/user/MyDocs/" . So all recorded files are falling into this folder. I am the noobest here and not sure if just changing this path in the reaceller.py would be enough? Geeks pls clarify.

The Following User Says Thank You to pisthpeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bracknell, UK
I can confirm that above mentioned change works. Copied the ./usr/lib/hildon-desktop/reaceller.py file to a local folder and using pyGTKEditor changed the finalname value to a path which suits my need. Then moved the file back to the original ./usr/lib/hildon-desktop/ path through X terminal.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
my recaller app is not working anymore ? i have uninstall it and install and now it doesn't appear in my apps. is there an update or changes i dont know about ???

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
It's a widget, not an application.

To access it, click on your home screen, and open the desktop settings tab. Open the desktop menu, and go to add widget.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

The Following User Says Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
got thanks

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Fremantle, W. Australia
It disappeared from my desktop (possibly put in pocket without screen locked) , and still appears on the "add widget" menu, but when i try to select it from that menu, nothing happens.
Anyone else had that?

Mine isn't working too. After the updating it isn't recording, when you configure and click on settings, nothing happens. Only thing working is the help menu.

Uninstalled, rebooted, installed again, and nothing.

The 0.x version was working great.

Any clues?