Notices

Wonder how many people here would buy a meego handset with proper gaming controls (joystick and buttons) but (to keep it reasonably small) without keyboard. E.g. the n64 emu is great but even with accelerometer the experience is suboptimal.

Cheers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
I've been designing smartphones ever since I got my XDA II. My last one was based around that concept and about joining multiple functions/devices into one pocket friendly package.
Anyone interested in seeing the blueprints?

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
I've been designing smartphones ever since I got my XDA II. My last one was based around that concept and about joining multiple functions/devices into one pocket friendly package.
Anyone interested in seeing the blueprints?
I wouldn't recommend posting them if you haven't copyrighted them. Someone might steal them to make a profit even if you think it's unlikely - it happens.

I'd like to see em Hell, maybe someone from nokia is browsing this and finds some interest in your stuff!

Also, yeah, I'd get a phone with powerful hardware and an analog nub with nice buttons while not compromising on heftiness.
________
Fetish rubber

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 13:26.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'd rather see devices that supported slip-on controls.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I'd rather see devices that supported slip-on controls.
Seriously I was really hoping game gripper would be out by now...

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Something like a Xbox 360 / PS2 controller with a screen would make an awesome gaming device, IMO. Emulation should be supported too

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden

Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
Seriously I was really hoping game gripper would be out by now...
Great idea, did not know that one. Such a gripper with its own keys and analog stick would be perfect.

lol... 3DS would be a good example of what you guys are talking about.. If I wanna play games with the maximum experience I will buy a gaming console that's dedicated on games more than other functionality.

i want a meego handset that can call and text other people's phones, go to the internet, compile mini programs, have a console/xterm, responsive and well supported.

Last edited by altorn; 2010-07-14 at 22:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to altorn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by altorn View Post
lol... 3DS would be a good example of what you guys are talking about.. If I wanna play games with the maximum experience I will buy a gaming console that's dedicated on games more than other functionality.
You are right, there is probably not enough place in a mobile phone for proper controls, and instead of slip-on controls you can buy a 3ds.