Notices

Is it possible to show the telephone number from a contact for each received SMS in the conversations application?
I have some contacts with more than one mobile phone and sometimes I don't know to which number I should respond.
Thanks.
PS: It is possible to get this information with glogarchive but it is not very convenient.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
i'm afraid i dont know if an application exists, but for this very reason i tend to avoid using contacts with multiple mobile numbers, (have done since before n900 and kept the habit)) instead i insert them as seperate contacts. john, john work, etc.
i hope there is a convenient mod for you, but if not i'm sure it would be easier to edit your contacts than create a mod...

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

When you have your conversations opened, click on the top to get a drop-down menu.Here select the option to open contact card.If there are multiple numbers saved for that contact then the one from which that particular sms was sent will be shown highlighted.
Is this what you are looking for?

The Following User Says Thank You to techie For This Useful Post:
You could solve this problem by dividing those contacts into more.
for example: contact 1 - cellphone 1

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
i dont know if there is an app for that purpose

but, when i need to know the phone number being used by the person sending me the message i would just click the avatar of the contact from that conversation

if that person has multiple number in the contact, then the type of number he/she was using to send message will be in different color

btw, the color might be affected by theme... i'm currently using plastic theme

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adhrie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
When a message is being sent/received, the conversation is moved to the top, so replying is easy.

If you got a call, and want to reply by SMS, go to last dialed/received/missed, click the person and get a number (it's the one they called from if multiple). Click on "SMS" and the conversation on that number will be opened.

Am I missing something?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Thanks techie and adhrie, I didn't know that.
Very helpful indeed