Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
First of all, if you're gonna start that sh*t about defending the N900 or "if you want Maemo 5, why are you buying an Iphone?", then don't post at all. Now, I bought the N900 when it first came out and i think it's a great phone. And I've never had and Iphone. So I was planning to buy Iphone 5 when it comes out next year. But I will probably have to sell my N900 to buy it. And since I never had any experience with it's os, I thought that if i don't seem to have much interest in it, I install Maemo 5 on it (if it's possible). So if anyone knows, please post...

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Yeah, why not...
Also install iDroid and iMeeGo!

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
iphone is no n900

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
No...you can't !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turbovomit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
of course you can, ...but you'll have to reverse engineer device drivers from iOs, modify them to maemo and recompile...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Maemo 5 on iPhone? Not possible because of all the closed bits of code on Maemo 5 (cellular services daemon, phone dialer, virtual keyboard, messaging client, internet connectivity daemon etc etc).
MeeGo on the other hand could in theory be ported if you could get drivers for all the hardware (display, GPU, camera, WiFi, bluetooth, GPS, cellular radio etc). But given how many phones are out there that are possible targets for MeeGo or some other Linux platform that are far easier to work with than an iPhone (Nexus S for one), why would you even bother.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Short answer: no.
Long answer: NO!
BTW you can buy chinese iPhone knockoffs with same hardware, screen, etc, but running Android: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzIyNjIxOTQw.html

The Following User Says Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post: