Active Topics

Poll: Would you buy N950 if it is available for purchase?
Poll Options
Would you buy N950 if it is available for purchase?

if i can flash it with whatever image I want. like Maemo sure...

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do a poll, I dare U

Since this option was not presented, I went with a yes, though I meant a "maybe".

Put it this way... I wouldn't mind getting it an year or two after its launch, when most bugs have been identified and/or weeded out, and have it covering for my N900 for some time.

The thing is... Maybe I'd buy the N950, I'd say that's actually likely, once the high launch prices have dropped... But there's simply no freaking way in hell I'm buying the N9. Period.

That's where I stand.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
i say "no".. but i want to buy meego with qwerty. So hope they do some good phone like n900 and this time support it!!

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
F... Yeah

No way I'd ever again buy a Nokia phone.

I love my N900 - i really do. I love having a real Linux-Device, a real X-server, a real and precices Touchscreen.
And because of Nokia's brain-dead stategies and announces which imho killed all sensible efforts to produce software for this device and thus effectively bricked this expensive phone this hurts.

I recently switched over to Android, and frankly it sucks compared to Maemo (and I miss the keyboard) - but there are tons of applications that do the job, and that's what a (and me) user needs.

As promising as the N9 or N950 are - they are just promises and Nokia broke several of it's promises in the past. What good are great devices that won't be supported by it's manufacturer on the long run?

So: no, I wouldn't buy it.

No offense, just my two cents. I certainly won't sell my N900 ;-)

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
Yes because I want a keyboard. A phone with a keyboard is like a computer tiny (like the N900).

A phone with no keyboard is like a Iphone. When you press a key on the screen with your finger, if they are big it always press 2 key at the same time, you loose screen. A phone without a keyboard is like a phone note a computer.

The Following User Says Thank You to JD2010 For This Useful Post:
In March I posted the thread "My dream linux device".

N950 is very close to realize my dream and some of its features really exceed my expectations, though a resistive screen is ideal.

I really need it to do my work everyday although only capacitive screen is available!

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
I truly don't understand why they don't put is for sale or put it available thru this comunity for people who are willing to pay for it.... just don't understand

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by JD2010 View Post
I truly don't understand why they don't put is for sale or put it available thru this comunity for people who are willing to pay for it.... just don't understand
I guess it is just a small batch of test devices that were produced before Elop pulled the plug. Nokia is giving/loaning them to the community. IMO Nokia is being nice, they could have just destroyed them.

Tags
hwkbftw, nokia n950, take my moneys!