Active Topics

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Only thing I am in envy is multiwindow with same app, i.e. two windows of same browser or s-note. Quite sure all these nifties get ported soon.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
@kangal Comparing specs going from a Note 1 to Note 3 is a huge difference. Should be a lot of fun to play with!

@debrenardis Using some mods found on XDA you can have multple instances of many apps but i've never seen it work for s-note or browser (except if you use OverSkreen browser which has issues since jb but still can work and some other apps which allow this in a limited fashion, say up to 2 to 4 windows) For cutting and pasting or viewing documents using multiple windows you can use Office Suite. Some apps can be opened quite a few times.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I'm constantly using stock browser together with dolphin side-by-side so don't really see a huge need for same browser. different browsers are great at different things so I prefer two different ones over one.

cant really see anyone using three browser windows on a 5,7. if so tabs are much faster. But for note 10.1 it would be great.

I hope Note 10.1 wifi hits the US stores in September. I think TW is the superior GUI for tablets ATM with this multi window set up. and with 3GB it will just rule. just want to know the price.

I just returned my Note 8 to get the new 10.1 instead

My question is since wifi/3g version get octa, is that much worse than snapdragon 800?

2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 CPU for LTE variant
1.9GHz Exynos Octa Core CPU for 3G/wifi variant

How bad is this Octa ****?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pF4G2k6NEk

Found this. now I just have to think about the clock frequencie which is higher for snapdragon version.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-09-07 at 14:41.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/09/s...xy-notes-sold/

Boost to all note lovers...

Im going for the Snapdragon... at the minimum it should be equal performance. But it could have instances where its faster.

Qualcomms 28nm machining is very efficient, I'd say slightly moreso than the Sexynos. On top of that, 4 cores will have same performance as 8 but will sip power even less. So even more savings.

On top of that the NOTE 3 (Snapdragon version) will be the first one to utilize new technology to sip less power from LTE connection.

But the most important thing is software. The Exynos is bound to have more development as that will have more users and developers. If the QSD gets as early leaks, or driver support is tiptop then this should provide parity. I don't see why software wise one should get an advantage over the other, but this isn't what history's shown.

All in all, you can't go wrong with either...but it seems the QSD 800 has a distinct edge.

I'm flattered

Is there a phone on the horizon that will make me regret getting the Galaxy Note 3?

Of course there is.

Depends if the horizon is on Mercury or Jupiter, though :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Is there a phone on the horizon that will make me regret getting the Galaxy Note 3?
no, note for a year. First phone with 3 GB and all big names(except HTC, but arent big anymore) just announced topdevices with only 2GB. If you are not inte cams you should be safe atleast 6 months, possibly even a year. But im not taking new OS into account here. Sailfish and tizen will be cool, possibly even ubuntu some time next summer...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Of course there is.

Depends if the horizon is on Mercury or Jupiter, though :-)
Thank you for allaying my fears by taking a galactic perspective...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
no, note for a year. First phone with 3 GB and all big names(except HTC, but arent big anymore) just announced topdevices with only 2GB. If you are not inte cams you should be safe atleast 6 months, possibly even a year. But im not taking new OS into account here. Sailfish and tizen will be cool, possibly even ubuntu some time next summer...
Thanks for your thoughts. The Note 3 looks pretty awesome and I was planning to getting it but now I'm wondering. I've put so much effort getting the Note 2 the way I like it. For example I need ubuntu (or some reasonably close linux distribution) on my phone and I really love having floating resizable windows as it comes in handy when multitasking. Following some threads on XDA, there may be some problems incorporating these features on the Note 3. If so I might wait a bit and see how things shake out.

Tags
android, galaxy note