Active Topics

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I lost (metaphorically) my third N900 a little over a month ago. I've been using an N9 since then for calls, texts, and mobile browsing. Meanwhile I still use N900 for all computery things. I'm intending on grabbing a Jolla device soonish... maybe. Expensive. We get a bonus at work, inversely proportional to downtime our servers have. Might justify the purchase. But without a hw keyboard and everything else I've come to love on the N900, it's all just stop gaps until neo900 for me. I would be using the N900 right now as THE primary deviceI'm my life if I hadn't gotten tired of buying more and more of them.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
How'd you cover the nokia nseries, with paint?
yes, with a sata mini-jet and car paint.

Originally Posted by MAX9 View Post
yes, with a sata mini-jet and car paint.
I mean how? Wouldn't the paint just cover the surface and the nseries would still be visible?

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I have thought to use my old N900 (in reality, two of them ) as a day-to-day phone for my work SIM. At present I have a second android phone for that, but I don't like it that much.
Problem is, I have my contacts on Google's servers, because syncing them is oh-so-comfy, and I can live with knowing NSA and friends are also making a daily backup of that.
So, my question is: is there a way to one-way export Google contacts to the N900 contacts? Two-way could be maybe dangerous, at least in an early phase: maybe when I'm convinced it's safe. Ideally I would have a script that downloads google contacts once a day and feeds them into the N900 contacts.
Thanks in addition for any answer.

Last edited by debernardis; 2014-01-29 at 12:26.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
@debernardis
Not really the right place for this question, do a search if you can't find anything raise a new thread.

I'm still using my N900

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
I mean how? Wouldn't the paint just cover the surface and the nseries would still be visible?
with "filler" or "putty", in german we say "feinspachtelmasse"

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Sao Paulo, Brazil
I purchased my first N900 on the first day that Nokia started selling it at NY. One month ago I bought a brand new one to replace a iPhone5 as my main phone.

I bought my N900 in the early 2014 and I use it as my main phone. I hate phones without physical keyboard, and I kinda not trust devices with Nucleus OS, so guess I have no other choice, at least until Neo900 is out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlashInTheNight86 For This Useful Post:
Now days hardware is littlebit slow already. Yes it would be good if Neo900 project will be successful.

Battery is one of the main bad things about n900. When you use all power of n900, all it functionality - mobile turns not to be "mobile" anymore
You have to have spare battery, mobile charging unit, socket charging unit etc.
Camera is real worse in compare to n97 released almost at the same time.
but yes n900 have lot good things to.
Using as main phone.... Well... nowadays I think not anymore.
Using successor Neo900 as main, yes I will, but I really advice that RAM should be made at least 1Gb (better 2Gb) at any cost!
(thicker,more layers, cost, an cost...)
512 and device won't be competitive... Sorry it's truth...
Power of cpu, well 1Ghz is not really much too.

Last edited by Cyberik; 2014-06-06 at 22:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cyberik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
even while I disagree about "512 and device won't be competitive... Sorry it's truth..." particularly since you have never tested and thus it's just guessing of yours, I can tell you two things
a) we already plan and hope for 1GB RAM
b) >1GB is absolutely impossible since OMAP3 doesn't support it.

BR
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900