Active Topics

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Got it. Great piece of hardware. Making it mine with all my software and settings and stuff will be huge. Rooting,too.
Screen has awesome resolution. Sounds is not that great,I expected more.
TouchWiz ui is always goofy. This for now.

Ah, and charging through the stock charger (9V) is really fast.
I sort of wished the Note 4 was better:
-A cleaner ui like MIUI, but more powerful like PACrom
-front-firing speakers
-metal kickstand (amplifies antenna, protects camera)
-headset jack on the bottom
-double-sided faster usb
-1080p screen instead (3 day battery life)
-no gaps between screen and metal (aka card holder)

I'm flattered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Ah, and charging through the stock charger (9V) is really fast.
How fast? I would be really worried if it got from 0 to 100% in less than two hours. Fast charging is not good for the battery. It may of course be a deliberate plot for making you buy a new battery (or a new phone) every 6 months.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
FasT charging is great. That is the future. I would be disappointed if a device took more than 2h today and 1h tomorrow.

Top devices released during summer 2014 charged 0-100 between 1:30 to 2 H and some above. But 1 H charge is not far off.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-10-18 at 14:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Well if you want faster ....

there is always the iphone/ microwave method...that sort out your charging quick.

Even quicker is the "fork method"
1- hold smartphone in left hand
2- hold fork in right hand
3- insert fork in electrical outlet
4- voila!...charged ....done
5- actually both you and smartphone may be OVER done.
6- use crispy smartphone or friends smartphone to call ambulance.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Actually, it seems that several people fried their devices in a microwave oven. I wonder what kind of education did they get at school.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Estonia
Just moved from N9 (died after about 3yrs of usage) to Galaxy Note 4.

To be completely honest, i did not quite mean that. I was ok with an old dumbphone plus a 7-inch tablet as my post-N9 solution, but my wife brought the Note 4 to me as present That's completely fine, i'm buying her shoes too. Occasionally we fail slightly, but most often not. So, i've become an Android junkie. For now at least.

My first impressions (after about 10 days of usage, not rooted so far):

Positive:
+ Generally feels faster and more stable than N9
+ The official Waze app works much better on Android than the old unofficial port on N9. I'm using Waze almost daily.
+ S-pen. My handwriting style seems favorable to it. I'm already hand-writing faster than typing with the on-screen keyboard.
+ User-replaceable battery and extensible memory
+ Just ONE app that i find useful and that was missing in N9 - local mobile parking app.

Negative:
- Size and physical design. It is too big for comfortable and secure one-handed operation. It is too thin and wide. It feels like designed for aerodynamics and gliding on water rather than being held in hand. Phablets are not for me. The size and thickness of N9 together with its rounded edge silicon case was just perfect.
- The "back" and "list running apps" buttons are so close to the bottom edge that i tend to touch them unintentionally.
- Profiles and automatic rules. I've tried about five different profiles apps for Android but so far nothing comes close to ProfileMatic for N9 for functionality and reliability. I undestand that this is partly due to the limitations of Android platform itself (when not rooted).
- The TouchWiz UI feels a bit messy for me, compared to the clean and somewhat minimalist Harmattan UI.

Nokia 8110i ----------------> Nokia 6310i -------------------> Nokia 5230 Navi -> Nokia N9
Handspring Visor Platinum -> Palm Tungsten T --> Nexus 7

The Following User Says Thank You to k6ps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by k6ps View Post
Just moved from N9 (died after about 3yrs of usage) to Galaxy Note 4.

To be completely honest, i did not quite mean that. I was ok with an old dumbphone plus a 7-inch tablet as my post-N9 solution, but my wife brought the Note 4 to me as present That's completely fine, i'm buying her shoes too. Occasionally we fail slightly, but most often not. So, i've become an Android junkie. For now at least.

My first impressions (after about 10 days of usage, not rooted so far):

Positive:
+ Generally feels faster and more stable than N9
+ The official Waze app works much better on Android than the old unofficial port on N9. I'm using Waze almost daily.
+ S-pen. My handwriting style seems favorable to it. I'm already hand-writing faster than typing with the on-screen keyboard.
+ User-replaceable battery and extensible memory
+ Just ONE app that i find useful and that was missing in N9 - local mobile parking app.

Negative:
- Size and physical design. It is too big for comfortable and secure one-handed operation. It is too thin and wide. It feels like designed for aerodynamics and gliding on water rather than being held in hand. Phablets are not for me. The size and thickness of N9 together with its rounded edge silicon case was just perfect.
- The "back" and "list running apps" buttons are so close to the bottom edge that i tend to touch them unintentionally.
- Profiles and automatic rules. I've tried about five different profiles apps for Android but so far nothing comes close to ProfileMatic for N9 for functionality and reliability. I undestand that this is partly due to the limitations of Android platform itself (when not rooted).
- The TouchWiz UI feels a bit messy for me, compared to the clean and somewhat minimalist Harmattan UI.
You will learn to get use to IT and after that you cant go back to small screen phone. And if you can handle IT you can always...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Where's the link to buy that revolutionary product ?
I wished Steve Jobs saw this product.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
The iThume?

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
The iThumb?

Tags
android, galaxy note